U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 PM

2,109 posts, read 6,591,424 times

Advertisements

I'm old and too impatient to deal with the crowds. Especially the people who don't move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 12:49 PM

22,855 posts, read 21,918,275 times
Wading through crowds and standing in line to buy food is tiring. Waiting to use a bathroom is no longer an option for me. Even if I wanted to go, I couldn't.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:43 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,788,934 times
Midtown Village Fall Festival is usually the only one I attend. Of course I live around the corner. Was really disappointed I missed out on the NFL draft but was out of town that weekend. Hope it comes back in the near future. From what was said it will be tough to top anywhere else.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:53 PM

331 posts, read 258,211 times
The Draft was outstanding. Last I saw it sounded like Dallas was the frontrunner for next year, but hopefully it comes back again soon.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM

2,548 posts, read 1,788,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeEd32 View Post
The Draft was outstanding. Last I saw it sounded like Dallas was the frontrunner for next year, but hopefully it comes back again soon.
Dallas is the front runner providing they do not pass a bathroom bill which reports say is pretty much dead.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:55 AM

3,702 posts, read 1,800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofasetic View Post
Just attended Philly's 1st HoagieNation Festival at Penn's Landing
The artist line-up was pretty diverse with Hall & Oates headlining.
My one and only gripe is the price for beer ($16), water ($7) and food (varied but a 6" hoagie was $10)
General admission was $4
Not allowed to leave and re-enter
Overall, it was good, not great.
As 2002 Subaru and kyb01 both noted, those prices are outrageous!

Then they add insult to injury by forbidding in and out privileges.

That was one of the things I liked about the NFL Draft, which I attended with a friend who I didn't knos was a football fan. The food prices inside the draft festival area weren't as outrageous as those, but they were high (something I often expect at "gated" festivals, whose organizers usually never pass up an opportunity to gouge the patrons). However, you were able to leave and re-enter (since the festival was free, it probably would have been insane if they hadn't), so we went to the Cherry Street Tavern nearby for food and drink.

There's a brand new festival that just joined the plethora: the Great Road Festival in Germantown, which took place last weekend. (The "great road" in question is Germantown Avenue, but the festival itself took place in the first block of West Chelten.) This now makes two annual street festivals I'm aware of here: the other is the annual Juneteenth festival on the avenue itself.

I still attend Outfest in October. It's never been crazy crowded like those other festivals have been.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:29 AM

4,568 posts, read 2,540,610 times
Harry Potter fest is doubling its size this year along Germantown Ave. to 12 blocks and some adjacent parking lots. The Huffpost ran an article about the festival last year, and I believe it contributed to the fact there were WAY too many people there for 6 blocks worth of vendors.
Some of you complain about the other street festivals being too crowded, but this was on another level.

Hopefully the weather holds out for all the MIA goers this weekend!

Old 08-30-2017, 10:18 AM

3,090 posts, read 1,017,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Harry Potter fest is doubling its size this year along Germantown Ave. to 12 blocks and some adjacent parking lots. The Huffpost ran an article about the festival last year, and I believe it contributed to the fact there were WAY too many people there for 6 blocks worth of vendors.
Some of you complain about the other street festivals being too crowded, but this was on another level.

Hopefully the weather holds out for all the MIA goers this weekend!

A big event like Made in America should be on Saturday not Monday. Why would someone want to be out all day long in the parkway having fun and then have to go back to work and school?

Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 AM

8,264 posts, read 4,448,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
A big event like Made in America should be on Saturday not Monday. Why would someone want to be out all day long in the parkway having fun and then have to go back to work and school?
MiA is this Sat and Sun.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:49 AM

3,090 posts, read 1,017,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
MiA is this Sat and Sun.
Oh so it's not Monday? Good because that would not have made any sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia