Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:45 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Philadelphia might as well enjoy this win while they can, because we know Philadelphia won't be back next year.
Maybe, but with TWO franchise quarterbacks (Foles will stay), most of the same, great players back, and an excellent coach, they have a damn good shot. Plus a few of their injured Pro Bowl players will be back also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Maybe, but with TWO franchise quarterbacks (Foles will stay), most of the same, great players back, and an excellent coach, they have a damn good shot. Plus a few of their injured Pro Bowl players will be back also.
That person is trolling. Trolls always pretend to be "experts". Lol

Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 AM

1,388 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They have Foles under contract for one more year, and they'd be wise to keep him around as insurance at least until they see Wentz work out and eventually get back on the field in case there are setbacks in his recovery, but after that, it's up to Nick himself. He seems to like Philly and may be willing to stay around as a backup on a (presumably) championship caliber team, but if he wants to start and get paid as a starter, the Eagles can't afford $20m for a backup QB.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:31 AM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
I'm not sure he's gonna want to be stuck behind Wentz. To echo NewtownBucks...

The guy won the Superbowl MVP and looked like the best player on the field.

It's a championship caliber team. That's a plus. But this guy could make a TON of cash as a starter (I would kill to have him on the Browns, though he seems like a nice guy and doesn't deserve to land in that horrible wasteland) and he wouldn't be sitting behind a franchise QB. The thing that hurts his chances from a timing standpoint is that Wentz isn't expected back until well into training camp. Foles could be around until he returns which will be too late for a bunch of teams in need.

Just not sure he's going to be comfortable going from the hottest commodity in football right now to the obscurity of the backup.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:34 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
Over 2 Million are expected to attend the parade Thursday!!

I know I will be there!! They are saying that there is going to essentially be a Part II performance part of the parade which is all under wraps as far as details go, but will be interesting.

Also seems like they are going to up alcohol/open container enforcement, but to be honest, I see this being virtually impossible, I mean its Philadelphia tradition that the open container laws go out the window during certain days.

I know I have the day off and I am surely going to take part in the fun and that is with a beer in hand!

Old 02-06-2018, 12:27 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Over 2 Million are expected to attend the parade Thursday!!

I know I will be there!! They are saying that there is going to essentially be a Part II performance part of the parade which is all under wraps as far as details go, but will be interesting.

Also seems like they are going to up alcohol/open container enforcement, but to be honest, I see this being virtually impossible, I mean its Philadelphia tradition that the open container laws go out the window during certain days.

I know I have the day off and I am surely going to take part in the fun and that is with a beer in hand!
I heard 3 plus million, the Phillies was estimated to be 2.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Congrats to the Eagles, the Eagle fans and the City of Philly. Y'all waited a long time to for a Super Bowl title now it's there.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:56 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a weight has been lifted with the Eagles' Super Bowl victory?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:01 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
YIKES!!! The reduction of regional rail trains going into the City Thursday morning is nuts. If you don't get a seat before 8:30, looks like you're not getting in.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:03 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Congrats to the Eagles, the Eagle fans and the City of Philly. Y'all waited a long time to for a Super Bowl title now it's there.
Let's hope your Browns are not too far behind, Cleveland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia