U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 07:07 AM

8,405 posts, read 4,544,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I must be really old. Bob Dylan is the only name I recognize.
Right lol.

I don't know who they are either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 08:24 AM

920 posts, read 1,073,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Right lol.

Mayvenne and kyb01, yes you guys are old! (How dare I come out and say that!! I'm totally asking for a "beating" now, haha)

I have no idea who Bob Dylan is , but I do know:
Weezer
Ween (a bit)
Lindsey Sterling
Kurt Vile
Amos Lee

Old 09-17-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Mayvenne and kyb01, yes you guys are old! (How dare I come out and say that!! I'm totally asking for a "beating" now, haha)

I have no idea who Bob Dylan is , but I do know:
Weezer
Ween (a bit)
Lindsey Sterling
Kurt Vile
Amos Lee
Dylan won the Nobel prize so...

I do know who Lindsey Stirling is. I know who St Vincent is too.

But I pretty much stopped caring about pop music when Amy Winehouse died.

Plus, I'm much more into classical music and opera.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:16 PM

14,014 posts, read 7,586,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Right lol.

I know Dylan, Weezer, and Jim Gaffigan. The rest...…..not at all. Saw Dylan at the Spectrum many moons ago.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM

6,606 posts, read 7,399,522 times
Looks like The Met is going to have a pretty healthy payroll:

”The Met Philadelphia, a North Philadelphia concert venue scheduled to open Dec. 3, has scheduled a job fair with the goal of filling more than 200 positions, including event staff, ticket takers, security, box office, VIP hosts, event cleaning, porters, supervisors, and superintendents, the Met said Monday.”

Met Philadelphia wants to fill 200 positions at job fair this month

Looks like it’s going to be a pretty swanky venue.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:16 PM

336 posts, read 512,058 times
BILL and HILLARY - 4/13/2019.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:22 AM

334 posts, read 232,072 times
Boyz II Men / Sat Feb.16 ;-)

Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM

4,574 posts, read 2,573,224 times
I happen to be driving down Broad St. the other day and noticed the scaffolding has been removed from a few sections of the building exposing the redone arches. Looks good. I use to live just north of there and it still blows my mind that the buildings are redone. New development stretches up 15th street from Center City to basically Temple's campus now. Still dirty as hell in Francisville, but that probably will change in another year or two. I wonder how many more years the "Hotel Carlyle room house and hour motel" will last. That place attracts a wide cast of undesirable characters. One can only imagine what goes on at an hourly north philly boarding house.

The line-up at the Met is off to a strong start. John Oliver on New Year's sounds fun. Tickets are more than a $120 a piece.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I happen to be driving down Broad St. the other day and noticed the scaffolding has been removed from a few sections of the building exposing the redone arches. Looks good. I use to live just north of there and it still blows my mind that the buildings are redone. New development stretches up 15th street from Center City to basically Temple's campus now. Still dirty as hell in Francisville, but that probably will change in another year or two. I wonder how many more years the "Hotel Carlyle room house and hour motel" will last. That place attracts a wide cast of undesirable characters. One can only imagine what goes on at an hourly north philly boarding house.

The line-up at the Met is off to a strong start. John Oliver on New Year's sounds fun. Tickets are more than a $120 a piece.
I don't know how old you are, of course, but try being in my old as dirt shoes for a moment and being totally amazed that anything would happen to the Met or the Divine Lorraine after seeing both of them completely neglected for decades. Makes me hopeful for the Uptown Theater.

Francisville, closer to Fairmount Ave, is getting there.

I laughed about the Carlyle. Everything going there was absolutely going on at 13th Locust/Spruce "locales", right in CC, back in the 80s/early 90s.

Having a lineup like this at the new Met will change everything around there. It's a miracle!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:42 AM

76 posts, read 28,513 times
So did anyone go last night or know someone who did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or