Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 10:56 AM

12 posts, read 10,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
There are tons of people with dogs in Newtown. I don't know about dog-friendly restaurants, though. Probably the coffee shops, if anything, I would guess. To combine answers for 2 and 3, go to Tyler State Park. This has many miles of multi-use trails (bike, walk/jog, horse), and there are always tons of people there walking or jogging with their dogs. The entrance to Tyler is at the intersection of Durham Rd and Swamp Rd along the Newtown Bypass. This is less than a mile outside of the downtown (almost across the street from the end of the strip mall area with Acme and Chik-fil-a).
Thank you so much, will definitely check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 AM

Thank you guys again for everything, I am actually flying out tomorrow night to the area. I have a meeting in Warrington, PA but then will be staying in Newtown (Temperance House), and finding a restaurant and some walking around to do.

Right now Newtown seems to be my favorite.

I am going to try to spend an hour or so in Doylestown (found a house that I'm in love with just outside town, and great commute to the office, but further from NJ - about an hour and twenty). I've heard the downtown is very lively as well.

I heard really mixed reviews on Bristol, but saw a gorgeous house on the water (Radcliffe Street), and read about how they've really invested in reviving the town (new pier, shops, etc). It seems like it may be a great location for investing, and is roughly 30 mins to Warrington (based on Mapquest), and 48 mins to Freehold.

I did convince the company if everything works out (we're talking numbers, so I think it will) to let me stay in a hotel for a month - so I should hopefully be able to really explore the areas.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 869,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter87 View Post
Thank you guys again for everything, I am actually flying out tomorrow night to the area. I have a meeting in Warrington, PA but then will be staying in Newtown (Temperance House), and finding a restaurant and some walking around to do.

Right now Newtown seems to be my favorite.

I am going to try to spend an hour or so in Doylestown (found a house that I'm in love with just outside town, and great commute to the office, but further from NJ - about an hour and twenty). I've heard the downtown is very lively as well.

I heard really mixed reviews on Bristol, but saw a gorgeous house on the water (Radcliffe Street), and read about how they've really invested in reviving the town (new pier, shops, etc). It seems like it may be a great location for investing, and is roughly 30 mins to Warrington (based on Mapquest), and 48 mins to Freehold.

I did convince the company if everything works out (we're talking numbers, so I think it will) to let me stay in a hotel for a month - so I should hopefully be able to really explore the areas.
Doylestown is similar in feel to Newtown, but a little bigger and livelier. I can't really give you specific recommendations for Doylestown like I can for Newtown, except for MOM's (Maxwell's on Main) has the best microbrew selection in bottles and on tap of anywhere I know in Bucks, and Peace Valley Park is Doylestown's equivalent of Tyler, but with a lake instead of just a creek, so there is also paddleboating and canoeing.

Bristol is a much more blue collar area. I know there are some not-very-nice areas in that part of lower Bucks that have issues with opiods and crime, but those are also more like trailer park areas, which shouldn't be a concern for you. I also know that Bristol does have a lot of potential and has been trying to revitalize the downtown for the last couple years, so it could be a good investment. The schools are definitely not as good as Newtown (Council Rock) or Doylestown (Central Bucks). I don't know if/when that will be a concern for you. I would say don't rule out Bristol if you see something that looks like a good investment, just be careful and do your research. Bristol is more convenient to the turnpike to get to Freehold while not too far from your office as well. If you're looking in that area along the turnpike connector, you also might want to take a quick look at Burlington on the Jersey side. That's a very nice town.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:15 PM

I can not thank you again for all your help! I really do appreciate the insights/feedback and recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia