Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,025 times

Advertisements

Montgomery County and South Jersey are my top choices. The Mount airy area is second. I have read a lot of other posts on IEP but the majority deal with autism and other disabilities. I want one that will help my child with her speech. She will be in first grade in the fall. She speaks well, it's just helping with the articulation and making her sounds more clear so she can be understood.

Help with speech
Easy to get financial aid late in the year(most of the deadlines have passed I assume)
Prefer a K-12 school but not a necessity.

Diverse curriculum- must focus on ALL SUBJECTS. Foreign language, science, social studies are a must.

p.s- please do not make this into a main line vs south jersey thread. I read some previous posts and I know how nasty it can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:47 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,092,454 times
Where are you working?

Old 07-26-2018, 12:03 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Where are you working?

Not sure yet. I'm applying to jobs now. I am moving from Minnesota. But Im applying to jobs in all areas of Philly. I prefer either working in Montgomery county or south jersey or center city.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 AM

83 posts, read 80,984 times
Take a look at Delaware Valley Friends School in Paoli. While it’s in Chester county, it is right on the Thorndale line for easy transportation into the city if you wind up working there. They are a grade 3 through 12 independent school that focuses on children with language based learning differences. I was the technology manager there for four years and we did have several children who needed speech remediation. It is a wonderful, warm, inclusive, and supportive environment. I can’t recommend it highly enough. I know your daughter is going into first grade in the fall, so she is a little too young but it’s worth keeping in mind. Another option would be Stratford friends school in Newtown Square. They are a grade K through 8 and have a similar mission.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:12 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,183,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeclee56 View Post
Take a look at Delaware Valley Friends School in Paoli. While it’s in Chester county, it is right on the Thorndale line for easy transportation into the city if you wind up working there. They are a grade 3 through 12 independent school that focuses on children with language based learning differences. I was the technology manager there for four years and we did have several children who needed speech remediation. It is a wonderful, warm, inclusive, and supportive environment. I can’t recommend it highly enough. I know your daughter is going into first grade in the fall, so she is a little too young but it’s worth keeping in mind. Another option would be Stratford friends school in Newtown Square. They are a grade K through 8 and have a similar mission.

Couldn't agree more about Delaware Valley Friends School!

Old 07-30-2018, 03:50 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
Delaware Valley Friends starts at $34K a year. You'd do better to get into another school at less than half the cost and hire a speech therapist. Or move to a decent school district if you aren't dead set on a private school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia