Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,630 times

Advertisements

I have been reading many of the posts here..and have seen mixed results. I want to relocate somewhere near Philly or possibly in Philly. I would like to live close to the city, no more than 20 to 30 minutes away, yet in a suburb type area. I'm looking for somewhere safe, where rent is not extremely expensive. I'm also looking to see what the biggest job markets are there. I'm 27 and single...and just looking for a nice neighborhood.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,722,744 times
You should look into Collingswood, NJ. It's an up-and-coming neighborhood just outside of Philadelphia, with many amenities.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM

2,439 posts, read 4,797,971 times
Manayunk is within city limits and supposed to have a friendly small-town atmosphere and lots of young adults too. Probably half an hour to center city.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 AM

983 posts, read 2,762,839 times
I agree with the suggestion of Collingswood. It's a really cute old town - about 6 - 8 miles outside Philly with a nice main street with great shops and restaurants. There are a lot of rentals in Collingswood I am am sure you could find something in your price range. Also, the big benefit of Collingswood is that the PATCO high speedline (train to Center City Philly) has a stop in the center of town and you can zip over to Philly in about 15 minutes. Round trip fare is about $5.00. Believe me, this is much better than driving (and parking) in Philly, which costs a fortune.

Collingswood also has the benefit of being close to Cherry Hill and Moorestown which are MAJOR, MAJOR shopping areas with every store you can possibly imagine.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 AM

274 posts, read 1,396,088 times
Check out Havertown if you want a nice suburb feel but still close to the city. It's also safe. Prices won't be quite as expensive as the Main Line suburbs.

Also agree that Collingswood, NJ is a good option
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia