U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2018, 12:22 PM
 
3,103 posts, read 1,027,790 times
Reputation: 1276

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
A winning record would be nice though.
I have to admit that I was not expecting a 3-4 record at this point of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2018, 12:24 PM
 
8,300 posts, read 4,477,655 times
Reputation: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
I don't expect to repeat. And I don't expect them to win them all, either. But it's not that they lose; it's the WAY they lose. Same with the Flyers. These teams seem to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. **Sigh**


Signed, a long-suffering Philly sports fan.
I hear you!!!

In other threads I have suggested that all of the local pro sports "issues/drama" can be correlated with the nagging Negadelphia-ism problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM
 
323 posts, read 128,437 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
How does 50+ years of zero championships, until earlier this year, translate into an "elite team"?
The 50 years of no championships has nothing to do with the team that they have now. They have a young franchise QB and have him surrounded with the core of talent and depth that can win it all (as we saw last year). That is an elite team in the league right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,556 posts, read 1,796,777 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
I don't expect to repeat. And I don't expect them to win them all, either. But it's not that they lose; it's the WAY they lose. Same with the Flyers. These teams seem to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. **Sigh**


Signed, a long-suffering Philly sports fan.
Well put and agree 100 percent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,556 posts, read 1,796,777 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Tailgating isn't foolish not matter how bad the team is. LOL.

The Eagles still have the foundation to be an elite team for many years. It's so difficult to repeat in the NFL that it shouldn't be surprising that this year isn't going as smoothly as last year. There's still a chance to win the division, though, just because the other teams are all pretty bad, too. They just have to stop blowing 2 TD leads in the 4th quarter.

And I love Utley, but he isn't even on the Dodgers playoff roster. He's been done for a couple years, and it's barely even a feel good story at this point.
The big question now, is Utley worthy of the HOF? Based on comparisons to Craig Biggio and Roberto Alomar I say yes. Will he get in? We will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 05:57 AM
 
323 posts, read 128,437 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The big question now, is Utley worthy of the HOF? Based on comparisons to Craig Biggio and Roberto Alomar I say yes. Will he get in? We will see.
I'd love to see Utley get in the hall. It's borderline as you said. I do think he's better than Biggio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 08:28 AM
 
8,300 posts, read 4,477,655 times
Reputation: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
The 50 years of no championships has nothing to do with the team that they have now. They have a young franchise QB and have him surrounded with the core of talent and depth that can win it all (as we saw last year). That is an elite team in the league right now.
They need to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 07:38 AM
 
8,300 posts, read 4,477,655 times
Reputation: 2749
Go ahead NewtownBucks go ahead and try to explain what an "elite" team the Eagles are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 AM
 
3,103 posts, read 1,027,790 times
Reputation: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Go ahead NewtownBucks go ahead and try to explain what an "elite" team the Eagles are.
still cant believe eagles fans brought a casket to the game with the cowboys logo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM
 
8,300 posts, read 4,477,655 times
Reputation: 2749
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
still cant believe eagles fans brought a casket to the game with the cowboys logo
Well, I didn't see that until today. Funnily I was riding in a car on 95 going past the Linc during the game.

Obviously Eagles fans are being a tad reactive but, wow, about that casket!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top