U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:58 AM

4,118 posts, read 5,555,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Avalon:

She treats the cats as family, as she never had children. She gets testy whenever I propose options for the cats (like surrendering them to Morris, SPCA, Banfield, ACCT or just leaving them behind to fend for themselves, since they are outdoor cats).

She's afraid they will be killed in either scenario if not adopted by another family. I told her about the Working Cat Program at the Women's Animal Shelter in Bensalem, and that brightened her mood a bit. But this is a woman who has spent more money on these cats than on her own health. They are like Human kids to her. I'm just worried about her state of mind when she finally moves into a new place that forbids pets!
Yes, of course I understand how she feels, I've had both cats and dogs. I was just going by your previous post that she had taken a cat and kittens to some agency and that another person took one of the cats. I assumed the "cat problem" was taken care of.

If you can't find another alternative, maybe just let her spend the $250 to place them somewhere -- I mean, what other options do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 06:13 PM

29 posts, read 2,959 times
Update Nov 23:

The landlady has extended my neighbor's stay until December 3, 2018. My neighbor hopes to have a room in which to reside until her admission into a senior facility is approved.

Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM

74 posts, read 50,125 times
Here is another suggestion assuming that: 1) Your friend's situation has not improved; and
2) you, as her friend, are reasonably comfortable with using the internet.
Since the most fundamental problem here is this woman's lack of money, why not post a GoFundMe page? From what I've been able to deduce, there are people in need of funds who seem far less deserving than your friend. Another thought about going this route: Even if the public lacks sufficient empathy to help this elderly lady, I'll bet there are cat lovers (or, generally, animal lovers) who will find it in their hearts to donate. And it is the giving season, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or