U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM

3,842 posts, read 1,852,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I was unaware of what you said in your first sentence. The rest I agree with.
I was an Early Adopter (natch). The pass function was rolled out before the Travel Wallet was, as is happening on Regional Rail right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM

5,177 posts, read 5,044,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
Are you sure you saw this?

I think what you might have seen are people who use the paper cards provided by social service organizations that have the key card functionality embedded in them. They typically say something like "good for two trips". Or what have you. It's the replacement for the former program of providing these organizations tokens.

I still use the old style tranpasses, due to getting them from my employer. SEPTA claims they don't know how to do this on the keycard, which I don't quite understand. I'm not aware of any ability to do anything besides swipe it.
I am stuck with the old transpasses for the same reason. Are you saying SEPTA can't figure out how to enable the ability for the Wage Works program (or similar programs) to put a recurring pass on someone's key card?

Old Today, 12:25 AM

33 posts, read 18,579 times
Compared to other cities it is expensive! The employees is rude. You cannot get accurate information from the front desk/ticket collector. The website is not user friendly.

Old Today, 04:30 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,740,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I am stuck with the old transpasses for the same reason. Are you saying SEPTA can't figure out how to enable the ability for the Wage Works program (or similar programs) to put a recurring pass on someone's key card?

That's the rumor I heard some time ago. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's been a long time now and I still have the magnetic swipe pass so it seems like there might be some truth to it.

They keycard is kind of a pain anyway. It often doesn't work, to the point bus drivers don't really seem to question people anymore who get rejected by the machine. My wife's card became completely dysfunctional after a few months and she had to take time off of work to travel to an outlying sales station (as CC sales offices are closed on the weekend, and of course they can't help you at the major train stations in CC ) where her name was added to a pretty long list of people who had come in on that day only (and at that sales station only) to get their cards replaced.

Old Today, 09:30 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,525,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimatty471 View Post
Compared to other cities it is expensive! The employees is rude. You cannot get accurate information from the front desk/ticket collector. The website is not user friendly.
Name the cities. NY's MTA is more expensive.

Old Today, 09:33 AM

8,387 posts, read 4,525,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
That's the rumor I heard some time ago. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's been a long time now and I still have the magnetic swipe pass so it seems like there might be some truth to it.

They keycard is kind of a pain anyway. It often doesn't work, to the point bus drivers don't really seem to question people anymore who get rejected by the machine. My wife's card became completely dysfunctional after a few months and she had to take time off of work to travel to an outlying sales station (as CC sales offices are closed on the weekend, and of course they can't help you at the major train stations in CC ) where her name was added to a pretty long list of people who had come in on that day only (and at that sales station only) to get their cards replaced.
Phew! The more I hear about the mess surrounding key cards the more I'm thrilled senior card holders do not have to face any of it.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

949 posts, read 538,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Name the cities. NY's MTA is more expensive.
SEPTA is on par or less expensive then just about every other major system. Less expensive in comparison to New York, San Francisco, and Washington, on par with Chicago, and slightly more expensive than Boston. Expensive? Not at all when you compare it to what it would cost to drive and park to get everywhere in Philadelphia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia