U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 PM

696 posts, read 427,759 times

Advertisements

Congrats and welcome! When my husband and I want to take our bikes on the Schuylkill River Trail, we drive to Conshy. (We are in Havertown in Delaware County.)

Conshohocken is a great little town. Lots going on there. And, as you said, pretty close to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM

16,822 posts, read 8,650,460 times
Conchy is a good location and public transportation is available right there into the City on the Septa Regional Rail.

Last edited by Pilot1; 06-05-2019 at 09:33 AM..

Old 06-05-2019, 10:38 AM

495 posts, read 238,543 times
Welcome to Philly!

We came from Rochester about 4 years ago and absolutely love it. I also work in your business and my parents were in the medical field as well.

Where did you live in Roch?

Old 06-05-2019, 10:57 AM

143 posts, read 42,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Welcome to Philly!

We came from Rochester about 4 years ago and absolutely love it. I also work in your business and my parents were in the medical field as well.

Where did you live in Roch?
Thank you, I was in Fairport for eleven years. Really nice town. Prior to that, Chicago. I think I'm going to like Philly a lot. It's a major city but feels warm compared to some other big cities.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownDweller View Post
Thank you, I was in Fairport for eleven years. Really nice town. Prior to that, Chicago. I think I'm going to like Philly a lot. It's a major city but feels warm compared to some other big cities.
It really is. The food scene here is among the best in the country and the city itself is walk-able and relatively safe (I say "relatively" because as in any city, there is a chance of trouble but for some reason that image is magnified in regard to Philly). Honestly, Northwest Rochester is way worse than the tough parts of Philly. Center City is a playground. We did a 10 year stint in NYC and I actually find Philly to be more of a fit for us - culturally rich and bustling, vibrant and active but with a hometown feel you don't get there. Couldn't love it any more than we do.

The people are great as well and we've made many friends in our time here.

Are you planning on working or is that done?

Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 PM

4,430 posts, read 7,490,605 times
For the record (if you haven't already caught on) there are a good number of transplanted NYers (both from downstate and upstate) in the Philly area (you can actually count one of my parents among them).

I get the sense that the transition is generally a good one for them, with a lot to remind them of their Empire State "homeland."

Good luck with your move!

Old 06-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
It really is. The food scene here is among the best in the country and the city itself is walk-able and relatively safe (I say "relatively" because as in any city, there is a chance of trouble but for some reason that image is magnified in regard to Philly). Honestly, Northwest Rochester is way worse than the tough parts of Philly. Center City is a playground. We did a 10 year stint in NYC and I actually find Philly to be more of a fit for us - culturally rich and bustling, vibrant and active but with a hometown feel you don't get there. Couldn't love it any more than we do.

The people are great as well and we've made many friends in our time here.

Are you planning on working or is that done?
That is great to hear. Looking forward to embracing all the good here - the culture, food, and especially the people I'll continue to work a while longer, I enjoy the work and find it interesting.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 AM

I'm in that business as well.

Did you get a job in Philly?

Old 06-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I'm in that business as well.

Did you get a job in Philly?
I got an internal transfer with my firm. What part of the industry are you in?

Old 06-07-2019, 07:28 AM

I'll pm you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia