Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:22 AM

52 posts, read 211,555 times

Advertisements

I am from Bucks county and currently interviewing to go back home. I live in Cary and have been here for the past 5 years. I HATE it. Its too hot, I hate the southern accents, the food stinks, the people cant drive, I get called a Damn Yankee every other second and the cost of living is EXPENSIVE. Do not be fooled. Housing prices are being driven up b/c so many people relocate here. The schools are redistricted eveyr other month from too much growth.

I do not see how people are friendly. If you have a northeast accent, they just talk about you going back to where you came from, and if I mow my lawn (Im female) GASP--Im the talk of my street!

Give me Philly/NJ anyday. :P Cant wait to get back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Bound View Post
Have you checked the area around Charlotte? My sister, nephew and I live in Chester County and have made several trips to different parts of NC and to SC and found a GREAT area just below Charlotte - On Lake Wylie! We're moving to Fort Mill, SC - part of Lake Wylie is in NC and part in SC - the taxes are alot lower in SC so we can afford more house and the schools in Fort Mill are fabulous...would you believe there is an entire Culinary Institute in the high school??? Warmer weather....thank God! (I lived 30 years in Florida and 10 in PA....I don't want to move back to FL...but sure don't want to freeze my butt off anymore in PA either). People in this area refer to themselves as half-backs - they moved to FL didn't like it and came halfway back...lol Anyhow...check it out, haven't heard anything bad about this area.
I lived in Charlotte for 6 years, best be careful down that way. It was recently named one of the Top 10 worst cities in the US. Why? The heavy influx of transplants has taxed the roads and infrastructure big time, jobs are no longer plentiful and crime is very high. Charlotte had the highest murder rate per capita in the US. Just lock your doors at night. When I was down there in the mid-90s Lake Wylie was only local yocals, I imagine it has developed in the past 10years. The weather is very hot in the summer, it does get cold in winter in stretches and Spring is very short. I prefer change of seasons and while the south might be an interesting 2nd home or retirement location, I couldn't be happier in Moorestown, NJ.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM

11 posts, read 27,277 times
I am from bucks and in the process of checking out NC. WAY PAST DUE!!!!!!!! If I hear anything I will keep ya posted and do the same fo me. I am in the same boat

Old 07-08-2008, 06:28 AM

43 posts, read 129,440 times
I'm from Bucks County and have been living in Durham, NC for a year now. The people here are friendly, i love my house, and job. BUT....we are so BORED here. We're looking to relocated back to Bucks County. If anyone's interested....I'm selling a single family 3/2 house. =o)
~Liz

Old 01-31-2009, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,162 times
I agree I hate it I would advice anyone moving from up north to Raleigh nc to really do your research and make sure your mind is really made up I wish I would have done that make sure your job is guaranteed because it's not what it's cracked up to be I have been here for over here with my 5 children and husband and strugling worst here than in philadelphia pa i have gained peace of mind simply because of the demographics because of the environment I loved the school system but everything else stinks Also let me include the gangs hear are no worst than the drug dealers it's just that in Philadelphia it's more out in the open unlike here you just cant walk anywere I cannot wait to move in a couple of days

Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM

172 posts, read 843,161 times
Default why would you move?

nope, why would you?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:36 PM

172 posts, read 843,161 times
you should move down to Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia