Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 04:35 PM

34 posts, read 26,052 times

Advertisements

https://www.visitphilly.com/things-t...nk/the-bourse/

What a beautiful place! I'm still a Reading Terminal man, but this is another feather in Philadelphia's cap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 09:22 PM

2,555 posts, read 2,677,377 times
I hated the old food court there, and a few locals would tell me how great it was. Cheap doesn't always mean "good". Glad to see the changes.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S688 View Post
https://www.visitphilly.com/things-t...nk/the-bourse/

What a beautiful place! I'm still a Reading Terminal man, but this is another feather in Philadelphia's cap.
It's great! Very impressed with what was done with it. Tourists are going too.

RTM is a different kind place.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGLES99 View Post
i see it as more millennial-oriented dreck.
Fine. But unless you're one of them most of them will outlive you and me. And many of the tourists I see going in there aren't millennials. They 're middle-aged or older. All of the millennials I know work. It's mostly an office building, btw.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:06 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
It's great! Very impressed with what was done with it. Tourists are going too.

RTM is a different kind place.
I agree. RTM is a marketplace, the Bourse is a really nice food hall. I think they compliment each other very well.

Anyone who is making negative comments about the Bourse either...
A) does not like change
B) Does not like positive change in the city
C) Does not like Millennials.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:30 AM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I agree. RTM is a marketplace, the Bourse is a really nice food hall. I think they compliment each other very well.

A) does not like change
Again, can't rep you (sometimes this board's you-gotta-spread-the-love feature annoys me), but what you said.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 AM

386 posts, read 265,768 times
I’ll be honest I’m a little underwhelmed by the Bourse food hall but it’s obviously much better than what was there before so I’m not complaining.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:32 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
It looks inviting. and you know "tourist" are not horrible walking dead people. Most of them are looking for great places to eat also.

I'm off this week, I think I may go take some pictures on Friday and give it a try.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

A) does not like change
The attitude surrounding B) and C) simply astounds me. It suggests, to me anyway, that some people have really forgotten how important young engaged people are wrt the future. Not just locally but everywhere.

The new Bourse is about as far from dreck as anything could be. The old Bourse was dreck.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
I’ll be honest I’m a little underwhelmed by the Bourse food hall but it’s obviously much better than what was there before so I’m not complaining.
We have a TON of coffee shops or coffee options in restaurants....I love coffee. But the Bourse has a tea bar. Americans don't really drink tea so for most that would be "meh". For me that's a major reason for going there. Hopefully Brits who do visit here will find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia