U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-05-2019, 04:41 AM
 
9,465 posts, read 5,268,978 times
Reputation: 3238

Advertisements

Omg, what a mess. Sigh...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 AM
Status: "Recipe for failure. Overanalyze." (set 12 days ago)
 
Location: Glen Mills
706 posts, read 856,829 times
Reputation: 438
Default Phillies Painful to Watch

Hitting and Pitching. What in the world are these Professionals good at if not one of these talents and then if not any good why are they at the Professional level. You got players you can't play because they are being overworked. You got that special player who tells you when and if he wants to play.
You got Little Red Riding Hoods grandmom managing the team protecting everyone from the wolves. Are you kidding me? Manager teaches team how to walk by using a wheelchair. You know statistics of drug recovery when over protective parents are involved. Wake up!!!! Do we have our professionals during the regular season promote and play Wiffle Ball. Are you kidding? Just great for timing right Gabe? Are you kidding me? Here Johnny take your Hoskins Wiffle Ball and bat and get your timing up to speed. Sales must be good. Why is it players come to our team somewhat on fire and wind up not so great. Please Cataldi stop your constant Crucifixions. How many players you run out of town? You are just a bunch of noise catering to the over critical. Yes we need change we need to change our listening station. How to sink a player? Not just Cataldi. Take your 3rd basenan when he is on a roll and talk about trading him. Not once but twice this year and great we got pinheads wearing pinstripes. God help the team we love because no one in management up can and it appears we just dont have the right people in place. I got an idea use Larry Bowa as a role model for attitude. What General Manager? The one who is in charge of a major mess? The players aren't totally to blame -- management is the biggest to blame. Take that loafing relief picture and throw him off the team to start. Enough ranting. There'll be some changes a coming. Boy that's something to look forward to. Ugh!!!!

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 07-05-2019 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 07:22 AM
 
9,465 posts, read 5,268,978 times
Reputation: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Hitting and Pitching. What in the world are these Professionals good at if not one of these talents and then if not any good why are they at the Professional level. You got players you can't play because they are being overworked. You got that special player who tells you when and if he wants to play.
You got Little Red Riding Hoods grandmom managing the team protecting everyone from the wolves. Are you kidding me? Manager teaches team how to walk by using a wheelchair. You know statistics of drug recovery when over protective parents are involved. Wake up!!!! Do we have our professionals during the regular season promote and play Wiffle Ball. Are you kidding? Just great for timing right Gabe? Are you kidding me? Here Johnny take your Hoskins Wiffle Ball and bat and get your timing up to speed. Sales must be good. Why is it players come to our team somewhat on fire and wind up not so great. Please Cataldi stop your constant Crucifixions. How many players you run out of town? You are just a bunch of noise catering to the over critical. Yes we need change we need to change our listening station. How to sink a player? Not just Cataldi. Take your 3rd basenan when he is on a roll and talk about trading him. Not once but twice this year and great we got pinheads wearing pinstripes. God help the team we love because no one in management up can and it appears we just dont have the right people in place. I got an idea use Larry Bowa as a role model for attitude. What General Manager? The one who is in charge of a major mess? The players aren't totally to blame -- management is the biggest to blame. Take that loafing relief picture and throw him off the team to start. Enough ranting. There'll be some changes a coming. Boy that's something to look forward to. Ugh!!!!
Bowa didn't work out too well as a manager tho.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Murrica
3,153 posts, read 1,803,454 times
Reputation: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
They're on a streak now and everything is going to turn out fine.

I note that since you came to the Braves sub that the Bravos have won 5 out of 6 against the Phils.



Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Pocopson
306 posts, read 110,870 times
Reputation: 331
Only 3 games left until the All Star Break. Between that and Herrera possibly rejoining the roster, I could see them getting hot at the beginning the 2nd half of the season. It's the September flameout that I'm worried about.

Let's be honest, we knew the Phillies weren't going to run away with the division. If you told me before the season started that they would be in this position at the halfway point, I would only be slightly disappointed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 06:24 AM
 
Location: USA
17,849 posts, read 8,903,412 times
Reputation: 13366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmcpsu View Post
Only 3 games left until the All Star Break. Between that and Herrera possibly rejoining the roster, I could see them getting hot at the beginning the 2nd half of the season. It's the September flameout that I'm worried about.

Let's be honest, we knew the Phillies weren't going to run away with the division. If you told me before the season started that they would be in this position at the halfway point, I would only be slightly disappointed.
MLB suspended Herrera for the rest of the season, without pay, including any playoffs the Phillies would play. If they don't get more pitching forget about any playoffs. And Harper needs to start earning his $330 Mil.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2019, 05:00 PM
 
4,029 posts, read 7,679,408 times
Reputation: 3518
Gotta move on from Herrera. He screwed up, but I liked him as a player, despite his recent on field decline. I hoped that he would at least get to .260-.270 and help out. But, he's done. So we look to other bright spots and there are many.
The fans unjustly malign Efflin, Pivetta, and Velazquez. They've pitched some good games and yes they have pitched some bad ones. All 3 are capable of getting it back together and Velazquez has already done so. Arietta was inconsistemnt just like them and now he's injured. Nola is ready to turn it up. Obviously they have to find apitcher or 2 which will happen. De LOS Santos is a jabronie. Irvin could be real good, but let's worry about him next year.

Franco could be traded. He's redeemed himself somewhat, but it is clear he's not an everyday 3b man on a playoff team. Maybe Detroit will give him a shot.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2019, 09:46 PM
 
1,674 posts, read 2,041,977 times
Reputation: 1074
I wouldn't mind seeing Charlie Manuel return as manager in the second half of this season, and then have Dusty Wathan take over in the offseason. I don't think the players identify with Kapler. I don't hate the guy. I just think he's more suited to be an executive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 11:41 AM
 
Location: USA
17,849 posts, read 8,903,412 times
Reputation: 13366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Charlie Manuel return as manager in the second half of this season, and then have Dusty Wathan take over in the offseason. I don't think the players identify with Kapler. I don't hate the guy. I just think he's more suited to be an executive.
If the second half of the season is no better, then Kapler is gone, and they will have to select a new manager for next season. It won't be Manuel and it won't be Bowa. I'd like to see Chase Utley start managing in the minor leagues and work his way up to the bigs. I think he has the smarts and personality for it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2019, 01:15 PM
 
9,465 posts, read 5,268,978 times
Reputation: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If the second half of the season is no better, then Kapler is gone, and they will have to select a new manager for next season. It won't be Manuel and it won't be Bowa. I'd like to see Chase Utley start managing in the minor leagues and work his way up to the bigs. I think he has the smarts and personality for it.
Has Chase ever expressed any desire to manage?

Bowa had a chance to manage but I remember him having a bunch of tantrums and meltdowns.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top