U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2019, 09:13 AM
 
9,418 posts, read 5,238,138 times
Reputation: 3220

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Yeah, I'm with mslhu on this one. 45 and raining just isn't baseball weather. It's going to be nice this weekend. You should see a packed house for those games.
Well, if I see more people in 300/400 levels... okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2019, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
941 posts, read 202,220 times
Reputation: 1386
It was fun while it lasted and we'd better be worried about Bryce Harper and Aaron Nola.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 10:48 AM
 
452 posts, read 192,180 times
Reputation: 506
Phillies' Herrera arrested for domestic violence

Oh my. I guess Kingery has a full time position now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
941 posts, read 202,220 times
Reputation: 1386
Odubel gave them a reason to release him ... He'll be out of professional baseball in two to three years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 06:40 PM
 
9,418 posts, read 5,238,138 times
Reputation: 3220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Odubel gave them a reason to release him ... He'll be out of professional baseball in two to three years.
Simple assault is only a misdemeanor. But, yes, agreed .... he's done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 04:28 AM
 
Location: USA
17,624 posts, read 8,837,966 times
Reputation: 13160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Odubel gave them a reason to release him ... He'll be out of professional baseball in two to three years.
The Phillies will either release or trade him, but he still will get the rest of his $30 Million which I never though the Phillies should have given him in the first place. In fact if he straightens out he may get another contract elsewhere depending on the outcome of this incident. The reality is that productive players often get a pass, and second chance. To think otherwise is nave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 05:12 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
941 posts, read 202,220 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Phillies will either release or trade him, but he still will get the rest of his $30 Million which I never though the Phillies should have given him in the first place. In fact if he straightens out he may get another contract elsewhere depending on the outcome of this incident. The reality is that productive players often get a pass, and second chance. To think otherwise is nave.
Except his production (OPS) has gone down year after year, with it being really poor this year.
I don't think he has it in him to straighten himself out ... He may get a minor league contract or some weak team may give him a shot, but nobody is going to give him another fat contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 07:27 AM
 
452 posts, read 192,180 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Except his production (OPS) has gone down year after year, with it being really poor this year.
I don't think he has it in him to straighten himself out ... He may get a minor league contract or some weak team may give him a shot, but nobody is going to give him another fat contract.
I agree with this. His on-field play this season excludes another big contract. He'll likely have to go to AAA and work his way back if he gets another shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,755 posts, read 1,948,054 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Phillies' Herrera arrested for domestic violence

Oh my. I guess Kingery has a full time position now...
It was reported the other day, before the Herrera story broke that the Phils were looking to add a left handed bat with some power. One name mentioned was Jay Bruce who is rumored to be available.. If Herrera is to be gone, Bruce fills in nicely in left moving McCutchen to center.

But as far as Herrera is concerned, don't be surprised if his GF changes her story, especially if she wants to remain his GF. My bet is that happens and he remains with the Phillies, for now anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM
 
Location: USA
17,624 posts, read 8,837,966 times
Reputation: 13160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
But as far as Herrera is concerned, don't be surprised if his GF changes her story, especially if she wants to remain his GF. My bet is that happens and he remains with the Phillies, for now anyways.
I was thinking that earlier. Right now his attorney is dangling $$$ in front of her to change her story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top