U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 10:25 AM

9,295 posts, read 5,168,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Today, a group of students (probably 7-8) were "walking around" looking to cause some mischief and took things too far. One of them threw rocks at me near 21st and Cuthbert.
I tried to take pictures and video of them, but they ran away and I only got one not so great image of some of them.

They were all wearing white button down shirts and black pants. It was around 5:50 PM today.

I made a police report for whatever it's worth. Hopefully it's not going to become a pattern. I wish we knew who the bastards were and could just nip this kind of disgusting behavior in the bud.

I'll try to attach the pic when I get a chance.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Do we need a new thread about this "kid" stuff? We've talked about it elsewhere.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM

9,295 posts, read 5,168,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
Sorry to hear this and glad you weren't hurt.
I can picture the usual suspects wringing their hands and squirming while reading this ...

Do you think they were the ruffians from Masterman? lol

A better physical description would give a better visual and add so much more to your story.

Unfortunately, the police can't tell 'outside' kids to get out of Center City.
If you lived near Masterman you would not think quite so highly of those kids. They think nothing of trespassing on private property. Or destroying private property. Can't wait for the school year to end!

Old 05-31-2019, 10:40 AM

4,664 posts, read 3,590,106 times
Quote:
Stop it. There are exercise-oriented after-school programs available. Sports.

How about they go to a boxing gym? That would promote physical exhaustion and relieve their aggression.

These cretins have no interest in any of that. I'd bet $20 they threw rocks at the victim because he looked different than them.

It reminds me of the girl who was attacked by a wolfpack on Broad Street years ago, whistling through her missing teeth, face swollen and bloody, telling a reporter "These kids need after school programs."

People like her have a mental disorder.
Right. This ''after school programs'' line has been around for decades. It's become a default cliche excuse....''the kids need after school programs''...lol.

Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 AM

5,685 posts, read 5,063,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
If you lived near Masterman you would not think quite so highly of those kids. They think nothing of trespassing on private property. Or destroying private property. Can't wait for the school year to end!
I thought Masterman was a good school? Wouldn't the kids generally act right?

I know there are always bad kids everywhere, but when I see kids letting out in Radnor or Penncrest (my old school), most just went home, and the few that lingered just hung-out in quiet groups.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:21 PM

1,020 posts, read 714,215 times
I work in Two Liberty, so I often see those kids walking around while I'm out on lunch. They seem to frequent the 1500 block of Chestnut and the area around my building. I wish one of those little punk a** kids would try something with me!! I'm a 6'2" male with a fairly strong build, so they don't mess with me though. They're so weak that they usually pick on women and the elderly, which is not to say that either group is particularly weak.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,585,472 times
Quote:
Stop it. There are exercise-oriented after-school programs available. Sports.

How about they go to a boxing gym? That would promote physical exhaustion and relieve their aggression.

These cretins have no interest in any of that. I'd bet $20 they threw rocks at the victim because he looked different than them.

It reminds me of the girl who was attacked by a wolfpack on Broad Street years ago, whistling through her missing teeth, face swollen and bloody, telling a reporter "These kids need after school programs."

People like her have a mental disorder.
I won't Stop anything because of you, Bud. I've taught in "Alternative Ed" for a dozen years and now in a juvenile detention center. These so-called "cretins" are virtually raising themselves. So, yeah...rather than address violence with more violence, I still seek answers - and always will.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:45 PM

73 posts, read 20,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I work in Two Liberty, so I often see those kids walking around while I'm out on lunch. They seem to frequent the 1500 block of Chestnut and the area around my building. I wish one of those little punk a** kids would try something with me!! I'm a 6'2" male with a fairly strong build, so they don't mess with me though. They're so weak that they usually pick on women and the elderly, which is not to say that either group is particularly weak.

Ah yes, fantasizing about beating up children.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:59 PM

765 posts, read 165,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
I won't Stop anything because of you, Bud. I've taught in "Alternative Ed" for a dozen years and now in a juvenile detention center. These so-called "cretins" are virtually raising themselves. So, yeah...rather than address violence with more violence, I still seek answers - and always will.
What? You don't think sports and boxing could "work off some of that aggression"?

Anyway, good luck, Chief.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 28,016,654 times
Enough. Too much testosterone.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or