U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,822 times

Advertisements

Help! ok Im moving to Center City, or should I say Im trying to, but an apartment search is impossible for anything under 1000 a month. Washington Square seems to be the most affordable... Does anyone know of a good website besides craigs list that lets you search more deeper than just the apartments that are listed on every website? Also if someone could give me scoop on all neighborhoods demographics and the best clubbing area and shops that would be great as well...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 PM

4,207 posts, read 5,446,113 times
For rental listings, also try Philadelphia Weekly:

classifieds - real estate for rent - philadelphia weekly online

I don't know how much overlap there is between that and Craigslist (or other sites), but in the past I've generally relied on the print version of Philadelphia Weekly for apartment hunting. I think there must still be apartments (in Center City) out there for under $1000a month, but I wouldn't expect too much for that.

"All neighborhood demographics" is well beyond what I can try to answer. Others might be able to answer (at least a part of that question).

Clubbing: I think the Old City area is still fairly strong for this, and maybe Delaware Avenue (although my impressions there might be out of date). There are also places scattered around Center City, and elsewhere.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM

8,593 posts, read 19,884,761 times
I think Delaware Avenue's time as Club Central passed by the end of the 90's.
Old City is still pretty strong, to my knowledge. Rittenhouse Square is no slouch, either. It would appear that Northern Liberties is a bar-hopping mecca, if I'm not mistaken. So yes, as ApartmentNomad said, you can't go too far in Center City without finding something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia