U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:57 PM

3,260 posts, read 4,816,486 times

Advertisements

I think Spruce Hill is very much worth a look for families. Close to everything, excellent neighborhood school, tons of kids, strong community, and some of the most beautiful streets and housing stock in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 06:58 AM

366 posts, read 138,413 times
I'm not saying that either of those neighborhoods aren't necessarily kid friendly but those are not ones that I would name if asked which neighborhoods are family friendly. So I'm curious why you named those two. Both of a more young single vibe to me. Fairmount is a great suggestion.

Old Today, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 6,283 times
To answer the original question, my wife and I bought a house in a Manayunk after living in West Philly for a few years. I think Manayunk still has the blue collar roots that Fishtown has left behind and is quite a bit less transient than Fishtown. Manayunk has a reputation for the young bar scene but is still an old school neighborhood in the residential parts. The food scene is lacking in Manayunk if that is important to you, but the green space in Manayunk is better. No subway is a con as well, but it is well connected to the rest of the city by buses and trains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or