U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 07:19 AM

3 posts, read 719 times

Advertisements

Hi- My name is Brook and I'm a flight attendant just started out. I am looking for a safe place to stay in the Philadelphia area, preferably 30 minutes from the airport however, I do have my own vehicle and am willing to live up to 45 minutes away from airport.( if need be)
Just looking for a studio apartment to rent out, but have no idea what locations would be best/safest for me near the airport. Prefer utilities included but will make it work.
HELP please.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 07:39 AM

1,047 posts, read 730,254 times
If you have a car and don't mind being 30-45 minutes from the airport, South Philly could work for you. I'd suggest looking for studio apartments anywhere below Snyder Avenue. Do you have a preference to be around young professionals? Placing yourself south of Oregon Avenue would definitely give you a sub-30 minute commute, but those neighborhoods tend to be oriented more towards families.

Southwest Philly and Southeastern Delaware County (Tinicum Island, Norwood, Prospect Park, etc.) would also work for you, but it all depends on whether you'd prefer a traditionally urban or suburban environment.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 AM

17,953 posts, read 8,932,033 times
Springfield, Delaware County gives you good access to the airport. It is a pretty safe township in general.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:57 AM

314 posts, read 192,019 times
My wife works for the airlines, are you looking for a crashpad or your own place ? if a crashpad I think theres a facebook site. A lot of FA's get roomates and live in Essington which is very close to PHL and safe

Old 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 719 times
I prefer to reside in my own place. I'm not interested in crashpad living. I would entertain a roommate. I'm doing all of this thru computer and site unseen. so it makes it harder.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:47 PM

189 posts, read 114,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
If you have a car and don't mind being 30-45 minutes from the airport, South Philly could work for you.
More like 15-30, honestly. Coming from Broad & Tasker, I can be at the airport in 15 minutes flat. Coming back into the city can take longer in rush hour, hence the 30. But outside of a major accident or sporting event, much of her commute will be much less than a half hour, especially if, as a flight attendant, she's working nontraditional hours.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:16 PM

464 posts, read 196,118 times
Anywhere in the eastern part of the city from Girard south would work within a 30 min commute - South Philly/Pennsport, Queen Village, Old city/Society Hill, or Northern Liberties/Fishtown are all safe neighborhoods where you can easily jump on 95 S and be at the airport in far less than 30 mins.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:51 PM

3 posts, read 719 times
i appreciate al of the feedback. Can i find a studio apartment in any of these places for around $650 monthly that aren't just for students? or just for a room in a house? I don't the drive. I currently work in Phoenix, AZ and I commute 45mins to work. the drive home sucks cause of traffic but I'll live. I just have a specific budget. I know I'm asking a lot.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Status: "You picked the wrong fool, fool." (set 16 days ago)

568 posts, read 153,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
If you have a car and don't mind being 30-45 minutes from the airport, South Philly could work for you. I'd suggest looking for studio apartments anywhere below Snyder Avenue. Do you have a preference to be around young professionals? Placing yourself south of Oregon Avenue would definitely give you a sub-30 minute commute, but those neighborhoods tend to be oriented more towards families.

Southwest Philly and Southeastern Delaware County (Tinicum Island, Norwood, Prospect Park, etc.) would also work for you, but it all depends on whether you'd prefer a traditionally urban or suburban environment.
I agree. South Philly sounds great!

Old 07-15-2019, 07:57 PM

314 posts, read 192,019 times
If you dont drive that limnits where you will want to live. If you live in essington-tinicum you can take the bus right to work but those areas stink for nightlife. South Philly on the east side of Broad St has much more nightlife and young people but getting to work will be a bit more work is all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or