U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 10:04 AM

4,816 posts, read 3,743,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Look, I hate Krasner. But, the last DA is a convicted felon serving time. Wrap your head around that and imagine trying to establish any level of morale in the DA's office afterward.
The low moral at the DA's office is not because of Seth Williams.

When the new boss walks in the office on day 1, his first act was removing the wall photos of a couple/few past DAs like Abrams, Castille, and Rendell. Why? Because they are all white and there was no diversity on the wall. Why is there no diversity on the wall? Because Philly's only black DA is currently in jail for stealing his mother's $$ used to keep her in a nursing home so he can act like the flashy wannabe he is...can it get any lower than that?

Of course Krasner then cleans house of the top prosecutors in the DA office.

Krasner has the 1955 mugshot of Rosa Parks hanging in his office; his mantra: that's the only mugshot I like...huh? this from the Philly DA, the top law enforcement officer in the city.

These couple points are telling and would take a toll on any real prosecutor. Krasner is filling the ranks with like minded prosecutors so you should expect the DAs office morale to increase at least as much as the crime, especially the violent crime.

I know you don't like Krasner and wisely didn't vote for him.

Last edited by Kamms; 08-16-2019 at 10:28 AM..

Old 08-16-2019, 10:35 AM

3,596 posts, read 4,506,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
I know you don't like Krasner and wisely didn't vote for him.
Yeah, great DA (from the Wall Street Journal):

Quote:
Prosecutors in some cities, including New York and Chicago, have special programs to help criminal aliens avoid deportation by offering them leniency. It’s the sole duty of one lawyer on Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner’s staff. When Jose Ramirez-Diaz committed felony assault with a beer bottle, Mr. Krasner’s office entered into a plea bargain in which the defendant was sentenced to 11 months in jail, below the deportation threshold.

The victim, an illegal alien, cooperated with authorities under a special visa program for crime victims—yet he was deported before the visa came through and is now on a wait list for lawful admission and residency. Mr. Krasner’s office has recommended leniency in at least 120 cases to spare the defendants from deportation—including thieves, drug dealers, and domestic abusers.
Philadelphia didn't have enough local, native-born criminal talent, so it needed to embrace illegal alien criminals as well. To commit the crimes Americans won't commit, I guess.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post

Philadelphia didn't have enough local, native-born criminal talent, so it needed to embrace illegal alien criminals as well. To commit the crimes Americans won't commit, I guess.
...and here's Krasner's comedy partner Mayor Jim Kenney reacting to the awesome news that Philly is a sanctuary city...

https://youtu.be/9BR5zyjYP84

The Krasner & Kenney comedy act is the best since Martin & Lewis.

In the spirit of the '60s (which folks are trying to embarrassingly recreate today):

"Where have all the adults gone, long time passing...Where have the adults gone, long time ago..."

Last edited by Kamms; 08-16-2019 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-16-2019, 11:34 AM

9,932 posts, read 5,629,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
So you're saying that the cops knock on this guys house to bust him for selling drugs and he says to himself "well, if we had a tough-minded conservative DA hell-bent on filling the jails, I'd peacefully surrender but since Larry Krasner is our DA, I'm gonna start shooting."

I'm no fan of Krasner but to suggest that the DA has an effect on the amount of crime that is committed is a ridiculous stretch.

It's circular and complicated but getting tougher and smarter on crime is the only way to move the needle. The current cast of characters isn't getting the job done and that SHOULD impact their longevity. It doesn't seem like it will unfortunately. I had high hopes for Kenny but his failure to impact crime, trash etc., is a massive disappointment.
Considering he is not dealing some of the issues, say, LA is I agree with you.

There are neighborhoods that you never go to that are cleaner than the ones you do go to.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post

The Wall St Journal is, editorially, conservative and is still owned by the Murdochs. So that's interesting

It's well documented that native borns, overwhelming, commit most of the crime in this country. The google machine in front of you will tell you that.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:52 AM

3,596 posts, read 4,506,965 times
Quote:
It's well documented that native borns, overwhelming, commit most of the crime in this country. The google machine in front of you will tell you that.
It's also well documented that native born African-American, in particular, commit violent crime way out of proportion to their percentage of the population.

But regardless, the point is that this country has enough of a problem with crime as it is. It should not be enforcing policies to make it easier for people who aren't even here legally to get away with additional criminal activity.

Arbitrary attempts to eliminate mass incarceration simply on the basis of "disparate impact" head counts, without considering who is committing the serious crime and in what numbers, combined with special privileges for illegals who run afoul of the law, will obviously only make things worse in cities like Philadelphia.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
The Wall St Journal is, editorially, conservative and is still owned by the Murdochs. So that's interesting

This has to be a deliberate take, at least I hope it is, to state anyone is saying that illegals commit more crime than ''native borns''. WSJ, conservatives, Murdochs, or whatever or whoever you need to blame, no one implied anything close to your response.

Point being, why would Philly want to keep and protect illegal criminals? Please note the ''criminal'' part is not the criminal violation of our immigration laws.

Last edited by Kamms; 08-16-2019 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 01:27 AM

1,174 posts, read 373,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Well, the DA is the top law enforcement officer in Philly at the same time contributing to the general disrespect for law enforcement. When the DA is openly stating that he's not going to enforce certain laws then, yes, the DA does have an effect on the amount of crime that is committed and is not a ridiculous stretch.

Include the DA and the Mayor not being supportive of the PPD and you'll see an increase in crime generally.

The 1st sentence of your last paragraph contradicts everything Krasner is doing and yet you claim the DA doesn't have an effect on the amount of crime committed. Krasner is not tough or smart on crime so the needle will continue to move upward unfortunately.
Kenney supports Ross all the way. I don't know what you're talking about. And Krasner is far from the worst DA in the country.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Kenney supports Ross all the way. I don't know what you're talking about. And Krasner is far from the worst DA in the country.
Ross has a job limited by what Kenney wants him to do. People are complaining about Ross yet don’t mention how much Kenney is tying his hands. Kennedy’s not backing up and supporting his police department of which Ross is the commissioner. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

No one said Krasner was the worst DA in the country but the issue is Philadelphia. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Either you haven’t read this thread or you’re not getting the point.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Krasner is better than the DA he replaced. No one remembers him I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or