U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 06:11 PM

883 posts, read 1,384,023 times

Advertisements

Both Wynnewood and Overbrook look pretty decent and I did see a few places online and that look okay. I do see that these areas are near St. Joe's. Are rowdy college students an issue in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 07:05 PM

9,933 posts, read 5,635,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
Both Wynnewood and Overbrook look pretty decent and I did see a few places online and that look okay. I do see that these areas are near St. Joe's. Are rowdy college students an issue in that area?
Tbh, I can't answer how rowdy St Joe's. students are. But something tells me they probably party in Manayunk(another city neighborhood)which is a couple of miles from their campus.

Point on neighborhoods.
City Ave( sometimes called City Line) is a major border between the city and 'burbs.

There are three "Overbrooks": Overbrook Farms, Overbrook Park and plain Overbrook. All are in the city.
Wynnewood is right across City Ave from Overbrook Farms. It's in the 'burbs and next door to Overbrook Farms.

St Joe's is in Wynnefield(city) and Wynnewood(burb) as it straddles City Ave.

Afaik, there is also a Vanguard office in downtown Phila.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 PM

22,634 posts, read 27,961,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I worked on Wynnefield Ave. for a number of years, a long time ago. The neighbors are very nice. I was never aware of problems from St Joe's. I am aware that students from St Joe's socialize with students from Villanova.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:41 PM

372 posts, read 553,598 times
I have been here quite awhile and one of my pet peeves is people replying to a post with a few lines, but referencing the ENTIRE Huge Post, like we see in this thread. Geeze, don't you people, particularly the ones with long tenures on City-Data, know how to extract the relevant reference parts ONLY rather than clogging the thread with an endless repeat of the original post ???? End of rant.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:22 AM

590 posts, read 435,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acenturi View Post
I have been here quite awhile and one of my pet peeves is people replying to a post with a few lines, but referencing the ENTIRE Huge Post, like we see in this thread. Geeze, don't you people, particularly the ones with long tenures on City-Data, know how to extract the relevant reference parts ONLY rather than clogging the thread with an endless repeat of the original post ???? End of rant.
Thoughts and prayers.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:53 AM

23,249 posts, read 24,498,509 times
Quote:
Thoughts and prayers.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:09 AM

558 posts, read 404,721 times
Quote:
What do you mean?

Old 10-08-2019, 12:07 PM

9,933 posts, read 5,635,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
What do you mean?
That poster wants other posters to meticulously edit posts before responding because he/she does not want to scroll past stuff they consider clogging the thread. lol.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:36 PM

558 posts, read 404,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
That poster wants other posters to meticulously edit posts before responding because he/she does not want to scroll past stuff they consider clogging the thread. lol.
Yeah, I know, I got it. Just wanted to copy his/her entire post in a reply to him/her.

Last edited by Pennsport; 10-08-2019 at 12:59 PM..

Old 10-09-2019, 05:48 AM

188 posts, read 103,580 times
I’m originally from the Overbrook section of the city, I also have a lot of family from Wynnefield as well. The St. Joseph’s kids have never been a big problem, and yes, many of them do go to Manayunk to drink and party.

The city Ave area has a lot of students and young professionals who live in the vicinity. I saw you mentioned Target, and there is a big Target store at the very end of City line avenue right by 6 ABC.

Another factor to keep in mind- one side of City Avenue is Lower Merion Township (Wynnewood and Bala Cynwyd), and the other side is the city limits of Philadelphia (Overbrook, Overbrook Farms, Overbrook Park, Wynnefield, Wynnefield Heights- these are all city neighborhoods). Cost of living will likely be higher on the Lower Merion side of city ave.

Philadelphia is quite a liberal city overall, and is very diverse. Just about anywhere in the city is accepting of LGBT people- though there is a “Gayborhood” in center city if you’re interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or