U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 03:30 PM

1,199 posts, read 761,902 times

Advertisements

So Schellenger attacked White because he pulled out a knife? Explain to me like a 6 yr old why he would do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post

White pulls out his knife; Schellenger tried to take White down; White killed Schellenger with a single full hilt stab with knife;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 03:41 PM

4,822 posts, read 3,762,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Dumb question......Is there Stand Your Ground in Pennsylvania?
There's PA's Castle Doctrine and something akin to SYG, with exceptions. This would not have been a help to White at all; one of the requirements being that the other party be in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon. Schellenger wasn't armed at all.

White's attorneys' and the jury believed that White did not set in motion the chain of events that led to Schellenger's death. The chain of events did not directly or even substantially lead back to White.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-17-2019 at 03:58 PM..

Old 10-17-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
So Schellenger attacked White because he pulled out a knife? Explain to me like a 6 yr old why he would do this
If you want to have an adult conversation, try using responses indicating so..enough with the ''6 year old'' stuff. Otherwise, go do your own reading instead of being lazy and asking for others to direct you to it...

Old 10-17-2019, 05:01 PM

3,049 posts, read 1,534,880 times
Quote:
Because in a fight, everyone thinks they're Rambo. the jury said the prosecution did not prove that this was not self defense.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:39 PM

He had no business trying to disarm White that's why I find it hard to believe those who are saying that he did not attack White but rather he wanted to disarm him.

It only makes sense to them. And they figured this out telepathically. I refuse to buy into this BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Because in a fight, everyone thinks they're Rambo. the jury said the prosecution did not prove that this was not self defense.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
He had no business trying to disarm White that's why I find it hard to believe those who are saying that he did not attack White but rather he wanted to disarm him.

It only makes sense to them. And they figured this out telepathically. I refuse to buy into this BS.
Why can't someone try to disarm someone that has a deadly weapon out?

No one figured anything out telepathically except you given your insistence that you know what Schellenger was or was not doing or thinking. You're just as bad. Remember, Schellenger is dead and couldn't testify.

Maybe it was to disarm, disable, or take down White.

Going forward, if someone produces a deadly weapon, and you move on this person to tackle, disarm, or otherwise disable, and you get killed, you're the aggressor. Further, depending on the races involved, you may end up being remembered as a drunk, racist, coke-up a-hole. Schellenger certainly fits the white racist oppressor profile today.

At least it's good to know that there are young men here in Philly looking to defuse arguments between strangers on the street.

In reality, White is an angry wanna be 21 year old rapper-hip hopper coward.

It is what it is...the jury has spoken and Krasner has chalked this up to ''oh, well, we tried..lol.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-17-2019 at 08:27 PM..

Old 10-17-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
o
The prosecution didn't do its job, especially considering that charges were reduced to involuntary manslaughter allegedly to get a conviction.

Krasner's response has been ''oh, well, sympathy to the Schellenger family...we tried.'' and '' this was a case about two unique individuals''. Huh? Any DA making this last comment has to go ASAP.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:33 PM

3,049 posts, read 1,534,880 times
Quote:
o
The prosecution didn't do its job, especially considering that charges were reduced to involuntary manslaughter allegedly to get a conviction.

Krasner's response has been ''oh, well, sympathy to the Schellenger family...we tried.'' and '' this was a case about two unique individuals''. Huh? Any DA making this last comment has to go ASAP.
Except that's not what he said. He said the DAs office presented the facts of the case and that they followed the law. He said they respected the jury's decision.
He showed a heck of a lot more class than the Schelllengers.
He did extend his sympathy to the victims family as did Mr. Whites mother.
It's a trail by jury, at the end of the day someone is not going to be satisfied.
Now whether or not prosecution did its job, I won't comment,. I was not in the courtroom

Old 10-17-2019, 09:00 PM

How did you find/figure out that Schellenger wanted to disarm White? Where is the evidence?

Quote:
Why can't someone try to disarm someone that has a deadly weapon out?

No one figured anything out telepathically except you given your insistence that you know what Schellenger was or was not doing or thinking. You're just as bad. Remember, Schellenger is dead and couldn't testify.

Maybe it was to disarm, disable, or take down White.

Going forward, if someone produces a deadly weapon, and you move on this person to tackle, disarm, or otherwise disable, and you get killed, you're the aggressor. Further, depending on the races involved, you may end up being remembered as a drunk, racist, coke-up a-hole. Schellenger certainly fits the white racist oppressor profile today.

At least it's good to know that there are young men here in Philly looking to defuse arguments between strangers on the street.

In reality, White is an angry wanna be 21 year old rapper-hip hopper coward.

It is what it is...the jury has spoken and Krasner has chalked this up to ''oh, well, we tried..lol.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Except that's not what he said. He said the DAs office presented the facts of the case and that they followed the law. He said they respected the jury's decision.
He showed a heck of a lot more class than the Schelllengers.
He did extend his sympathy to the victims family as did Mr. Whites mother.
It's a trail by jury, at the end of the day someone is not going to be satisfied.
Now whether or not prosecution did its job, I won't comment,. I was not in the courtroom
The DA's office released a separate statement.

Why wouldn't the DA's office express sympathy to the Schellengers? It was prosecuting the young man that killed their family member. It's the DA's job to get a conviction for this homicide for the family on behalf of the state. The DA and a victim's family pretty much get along, they're supposed to. It's the DA's job to prosecute and get justice for the victim, the familty, the community. You're statement that Krasner expressed sympathy to the victim's family as if that was something unusual is bizarre.

Krasner's not the judge, he's the DA, the top law enforcement official in Philly. Krasner is supposed to be working with and on behalf of the Schellengers. Put yourself in the Schellengers shoes; like you would be fine and dandy. They're ticked off, who wouldn't be, except you it appears. Right.

It's a trial by jury for sure and at the end of the day, someone is not going to be satisfied. Now the dead guy's family has no class? Nice.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-17-2019 at 10:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or