U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 08:09 AM

1,265 posts, read 354,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
A couple of those are too far away and not worth the drive hassle. For me to get from south Philly across the city west is another feat in itself. If I could teleport to those places then yes; But just looking for a low stress way to somewhere close. Things still seem to point to south Jersey,as I am close enough to the bridges here.
Washington Crossing is about an hour up I-95 N to 295 E. Not a difficult drive at all.

You might want to visit Bristol Borough -- an easy drive up I-95 N.

http://visitbristolborough.com/about-bristol-borough/

https://tourbristol.org/

Last edited by Maddie104; 10-13-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 09:02 AM

5,551 posts, read 2,711,899 times
Quote:
A couple of those are too far away and not worth the drive hassle. For me to get from south Philly across the city west is another feat in itself. If I could teleport to those places then yes; But just looking for a low stress way to somewhere close. Things still seem to point to south Jersey,as I am close enough to the bridges here.
Spooked by the Schuylkill? (Exit 340A takes you to Lincoln Drive, which runs right into the Wissahickon Park. There are places to park at the entrance to Forbidden Drive and at Rittenhouse Town.)

SEPTA Regional Rail too cumbersome? (You could take the Chestnut Hill West line to St. Martins station and walk west on St. Martin's Lane; you'll end up at Valley Green Inn.)

I generally consider a "day trip" a drive of two hours or so each way. The Jersey Shore, for instance, qualifies from where I live. And if Medford qualifies for you, I really don't see how the Wissahickon would be more stressful.

Last edited by MarketStEl; 10-13-2019 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Correcting the name of the New Jersey community

Old 10-13-2019, 09:03 AM

20,970 posts, read 9,837,364 times
Longwood Gardens, and the Brandywine River Museum are always nice escapes.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:10 PM

26,129 posts, read 24,898,664 times
Rancocas State Park

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksand.../rancocas.html

Old 10-13-2019, 12:30 PM

7,188 posts, read 7,594,780 times
Sorry, OP. I posted to the wrong thread. (Fat fingers and a small phone early int he a.m. don't mix)

Old 10-13-2019, 12:44 PM

42 posts, read 9,589 times
Ridley Creek state park/Tyler arboretum are close, near media. Assuming you already know of John Heinz nature preserve, Schuylkill center, wissahickon park, Morris arboretum, awbury arboretum.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:35 PM

3,126 posts, read 3,238,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I generally consider a "day trip" a drive of two hours or so each way. The Jersey Shore, for instance, qualifies from where I live. And if Medford qualifies for you, I really don't see how the Wissahickon would be more stressful.
Because,as I had mentioned,trying to cross the city is more stressful than just a hop over the bridge...and I'd still be in the city. Escaping crowds is right next to escaping noise.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM

26,129 posts, read 24,898,664 times
Blueberry Hill Trail(s)

https://southjerseytrails.org/2013/0...-gibbsboro-nj/

I met this guy through a Pine Barrens group in about 2005. With a job, wife, and two children, he no longer has enough time to get lost in the woods, but he's made good use of the time that he has.

I just remembered Palmyra Cove Nature Preserve! It can be quite busy on a nice day during the weekend, but lower temperatures and rain keep many people away.

Last edited by Gerania; 10-13-2019 at 08:42 PM..

Old 10-14-2019, 01:47 AM

5,551 posts, read 2,711,899 times
Quote:
Because,as I had mentioned,trying to cross the city is more stressful than just a hop over the bridge...and I'd still be in the city. Escaping crowds is right next to escaping noise.
May I suggest you consider living outside the city as well?

Sounds like city living doesn't agree with you at all. If it's a necessity that you live in South Philly, okay, but if it's that stressful just moving around it and experiencing it on a day-to-day basis, I suspect you'd be doing your psyche a favor by moving to someplace quieter and less crowded.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:09 AM

3,126 posts, read 3,238,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
May I suggest you consider living outside the city as well?

Sounds like city living doesn't agree with you at all. If it's a necessity that you live in South Philly, okay, but if it's that stressful just moving around it and experiencing it on a day-to-day basis, I suspect you'd be doing your psyche a favor by moving to someplace quieter and less crowded.
Oh wouldn't that be nice,but you see I'm kind of stuck here for the moment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or