U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:44 AM

556 posts, read 403,842 times

Advertisements

Just opened at 13th and Arch... should be a goldmine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:17 AM

583 posts, read 275,414 times
Wife went there opening day. She said it was amazing.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:22 AM

208 posts, read 125,028 times
I still don't get the strategy behind opening the new store so close to the other one, especially in a city of this size, but if it does well and encourages them to properly expand elsewhere, I'll take it.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireshaker View Post
I still don't get the strategy behind opening the new store so close to the other one, especially in a city of this size, but if it does well and encourages them to properly expand elsewhere, I'll take it.
Well, it's near the convention center, easily accessible from really anywhere north or south as it's just off Broad, and they probably got killer rental rates - way better than they most likely would have gotten in say Society Hill or Queen Village. Also, it's really not all that close to 22nd and Market. And, seeing as the 22nd and Market location is so crowded it probably isn't really unsustainable in the long run, I imagine corporate is fine with it even if this new location does cipher off a small percentage of shoppers from the original location.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:58 PM

4,686 posts, read 2,891,939 times
If another one were to open, where does it go next?

Old 10-24-2019, 01:29 PM

5,913 posts, read 5,330,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireshaker View Post
Its not really close to the other one, certainly not walking distance. And I think the new spot is a good choice given the recent building boom in that part of CC and heavy commuter activity.

Plus foot traffic on Arch Street is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
If another one were to open, where does it go next?
My guess would be Old City, edging toward Northern Liberties.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:46 PM

9,931 posts, read 5,627,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Well, it's near the convention center, easily accessible from really anywhere north or south as it's just off Broad, and they probably got killer rental rates - way better than they most likely would have gotten in say Society Hill or Queen Village. Also, it's really not all that close to 22nd and Market. And, seeing as the 22nd and Market location is so crowded it probably isn't really unsustainable in the long run, I imagine corporate is fine with it even if this new location does cipher off a small percentage of shoppers from the original location.
They should be a tad more concerned about a bi-level Giant being built, eventually, 3 blocks away from the original. Although the Giant will attract a different kind of shopper.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Its not really close to the other one, certainly not walking distance. And I think the new spot is a good choice given the recent building boom in that part of CC and heavy commuter activity.

Plus foot traffic on Arch Street is good.

I think South Philly might be next if the plot of land could be found (much more congested with small zoned plots than north philly area). There is a TON of new money in South Philly from river to river.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:16 AM

583 posts, read 275,414 times
Quote:

Please be right!!

(But I think Pennsport is.)

Old 10-25-2019, 08:22 AM

208 posts, read 125,028 times
Quote:
Its not really close to the other one, certainly not walking distance.
Really? It's a 9 block distance between stores. That's very close and certainly very walkable, IMO, especially in Center City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia