U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 02:49 PM

561 posts, read 407,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Tell that to the Georgia folk on the PA vs GA thread, they'll love that.
Lol. I know, right? I guess, in the end, it’s all subjective. I will say though that Atlanta’s downtown is substantially weaker than our core, and I would challenge anyone to debate that. They have some out neighborhoods, but from my many trips down there, I don’t find them all that impressive or special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 05:37 PM

12,721 posts, read 28,572,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
One of the must see traveling destinations for 2020 No longer the bathroom stop between NYC and DC

https://6abc.com/travel/philly-makes...-list/5707036/
Back to the OP please^. A suggestion for posters to prevent other posters from calling out grammar errors- read your post a couple of times before hitting “done” and posting. Are you writing complete sentences? Does it make sense? And for all posters- be kind. If there is a post that you think breaks the terms of service, report it. If it just annoys you, move on.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:27 PM

30,612 posts, read 68,185,843 times
We've just selected Philadelphia as our vacation destination for 2020. We'll be spending a week in your fair city and its environs. We're pretty stoked.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:58 PM

10,188 posts, read 13,930,365 times
I love Philly!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 PM

5,604 posts, read 2,736,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
We've just selected Philadelphia as our vacation destination for 2020. We'll be spending a week in your fair city and its environs. We're pretty stoked.
Give me a shout-out when you're headed this way - I'd appreciate the opportunity to meet you and show you around town.

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

28,839 posts, read 26,932,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
The city leadership itself should be more pro-active in the image the city's portrayed.
I think city leadership has been very pro-active with ads for the city appearing all over Penn Station and in every other subway car in NY for some time.

I guess the question is how popular/desirable do you want Philadelphia to be? On the one hand, there are posters constantly lamenting the fact that the city is not held in the same regard as Manhattan, DC, San Francisco, etc. On the other hand, there are posters constantly saying that the popularity of those places has robbed them of their identity. Is it possible for Philadelphia to be held in higher esteem with the Creative Class and not have South Philly transformed into Chelsea or Hell's Kitchen?

Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

9,986 posts, read 5,659,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
When? Mid/late spring is the best time, imo.

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

30,612 posts, read 68,185,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
When? Mid/late spring is the best time, imo.
June.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

9,986 posts, read 5,659,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think city leadership has been very pro-active with ads for the city appearing all over Penn Station and in every other subway car in NY for some time.

I guess the question is how popular/desirable do you want Philadelphia to be? On the one hand, there are posters constantly lamenting the fact that the city is not held in the same regard as Manhattan, DC, San Francisco, etc. On the other hand, there are posters constantly saying that the popularity of those places has robbed them of their identity. Is it possible for Philadelphia to be held in higher esteem with the Creative Class and not have South Philly transformed into Chelsea or Hell's Kitchen?
What bugs me is how the homeless problem in SF doesn't seem to permanently alter peoples' perceptions of it. Granted the Bay Area is beautiful as a whole though.

Uh huh, Hell's Kitchen where's there's no hell now.

Philadelphia literally has a university devoted to the "creative class".

Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

28,839 posts, read 26,932,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
What bugs me is how the homeless problem in SF doesn't seem to permanently alter peoples' perceptions of it.
Why does it bug you? What does it matter what people think about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or