U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2019, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 281 times

Advertisements

Starting a new job in Wayne, PA pretty soon, so looking for a suburb to move to (relocating from another state).

Trying to save money, but need safe area where I can share a house or rent a small apartment (studio would be great).

I have a car and a motorcycle, so ideally would share house and garage and driveway.

Tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2019, 08:45 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,325,162 times
Offering your budget limit would be very helpful and could determine if you could live at/near Wayne or if you have to live further out.

Old 12-01-2019, 11:32 PM

516 posts, read 232,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolMouse123 View Post
Starting a new job in Wayne, PA pretty soon, so looking for a suburb to move to (relocating from another state).

Trying to save money, but need safe area where I can share a house or rent a small apartment (studio would be great).

I have a car and a motorcycle, so ideally would share house and garage and driveway.

Tips?
What you're looking for is likely available somewhere along the Main Line, you just have to look until you find it. With the number of colleges in the area (Villanova being the big one, but also Rosemont, Haverford, Bryn Mawr, Eastern, Cabrini, etc.), there are plenty of rentals/apartments available. There are no crime/safety concerns anywhere on the Main Line.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:37 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,755,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolMouse123 View Post

Tips?
There's a questionnaire sticky at the top of the Philadelphia forum. Answering it will help you get the best possible answers. Cut and paste its contents into this thread along with your answers.

That 30- to 45-minute commute figure gives you a wide range of communities you can consider, depending on where in Wayne your office is located. If it's near the Regional Rail station, you could even consider finding a walkable community along the Main Line, such as Bryn Mawr or Ardmore, and leave your car and your motorcycle at home most days.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:36 AM

356 posts, read 146,933 times
Phoenixville would be my recommendation. As a fallback, the 422 corridor (Collegeville, Oaks, Audubon, etc) meets your criteria too.

Old Today, 04:58 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,631,022 times
Yeah...without budget and other parameters I can't get too invested in the question.

Old Today, 10:42 AM

21,569 posts, read 9,993,293 times
Malvern, Frazer, Exton, or Downingtown would be good choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or