Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM

36 posts, read 172,642 times

Advertisements

How is the commute from Collegeville , PA to 30th and Market St. via Train?

Also any information regarding the Perkiomen Valley Middle School and High school will be greatly appreicated.

looking for new homes from 300k to 400k in Collegeville area with good schools.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,163,259 times
Well, first you will have to drive to the closest train station which appears to be in Norristown. An online map site predicts an eight mile or 20 minute ride. From the Norristown Transportation Center, the ride on the R6 train would take approximately 45 minutes. So figure a 75-90 minute commute door-to-door.

I'm not knowledgeable about the schools out in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmistry1 View Post
How is the commute from Collegeville , PA to 30th and Market St. via Train?

Also any information regarding the Perkiomen Valley Middle School and High school will be greatly appreicated.

looking for new homes from 300k to 400k in Collegeville area with good schools.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:18 PM

274 posts, read 1,400,783 times
Perkiomen Valley HS is pretty good. From their profile: emphasizes college preparation and slightly more than 1,500 in the HS. Has strong offerings in honors or AP 59% go to 4 yr colleges, 24% to 2 yr.
Don't know much about the middle school, but the district has 4 elementary and 2 middle schools and serves over 5,000 students (including HS pop.)

Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 PM

9 posts, read 49,530 times
Getting from collegeville to the norristown train station at rush hour is a nightmare - you can walk faster than you can drive through sections of that route.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 37,045 times
I was looking to go from Trenton Station to Collegeville...
Found thru the SEPTA website under My trip planner that you can go from 30 th Street Station to Main St 3RD AV in collegevile ( one note is that I am not sure if this station on 30th St Station is the same as your on 30th St Station and Market St, you should check it) but probably by now you found this.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:00 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,163,259 times
I can't see that being a commute that one would take on a daily basis. Assuming that the Regional Rail trains take the bulk of the trip, it would take an hour just to get from Trenton to 30th Street Station downtown. From there, I assume you'd have to switch to a train to Norristown or Willow Grove (~35-40 minutes) before hopping on a bus for who knows how long.

And yes, 30th Street Station is at 30th and Market. The trip planner may have been also referencing the 30th Street El train stop across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giil View Post
I was looking to go from Trenton Station to Collegeville...
Found thru the SEPTA website under My trip planner that you can go from 30 th Street Station to Main St 3RD AV in collegevile ( one note is that I am not sure if this station on 30th St Station is the same as your on 30th St Station and Market St, you should check it) but probably by now you found this.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 37,045 times
Thanks Tone509 for the insight, i was just try to help kmistry1, and thanks for the help.
I am just going to visit someboby. Thanks again.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:00 PM

78 posts, read 376,123 times
You will have a tough time finding new construction that fits your criteria in Collegeville. There is a new development that will be closer to Royersford that might fit your price range.

I know a number of people who make the commute to center city from Collegeville. about half of them drive in and the others usually head for Norristown. A number of people head to work early and find the commute a breeze before rush hour. It is amazing how quickly you can get to the city when you are not traveling on peak hours.

Depending on what part of the city you have to get to may also change which station you use.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 18,220 times
Will,

Do you know of any new home builder developments planned for Collegeville within 10 mile radius?
Where do I research this? City planning and development office?
Looking for budget of $450K-$600

Thanks in Advance.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:55 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,982,526 times
Getting from Center City to Collegeville is a nightmare anytime. The only good news is that it's likely that SEPTA will start running rail service from Norristown up through Phoenixville and out to Pottstown and with a few stops in between. So there will be some relief but not for 4-5 years probably.

If you're headed straight to 30th St. I would not take the R6. The R6 comes into Center City via Market East and takes another 10 minutes to get across town to 30th St.

There are a lot of alternatives but that depends on a few things - will you be in Collegeville proper or will you be out in the township? Are you working at the Cira Centre or are you headed to a job in University City?

If it was me and I had to get from Collegeville to 30th St. I would park&ride at the mall. I would take one of the express buses from King of Prussia/Valley Forge. The 124 and 125 both go down the expressway from the KOP mall to 30th St. They both take about 45 minutes to get to 30th St. and between the two of them there's a departure about every 15 minutes.

I've only used them to get from Center City to the mall on the weekends but my guess is that it's a lot easier to park at the mall than it is at Norristown Station.

Anyway, If you pay cash fare it's $4 or $5 but a monthly pass works out to be a lot less. You can look the routes up at SEPTA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia