Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 12:02 PM

1,696 posts, read 966,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGA View Post
Did they send to Labcorp instead of Quest?

Looks like the healthcare system is still trying to master this simple issue!
It was a lab in the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 05:27 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,393,882 times
When I moved back from CA to the PHL 'burbs, I fortunately worked with many nurses who'd come over to IT from Main Line Health. One of them recommended a female PCP as well as a cardiologist who just happened to be head of the department. I got all my bloodwork and other tests done at Paoli Hospital, part of MLH. So the doctors were great plus they all used the same computer system, which was a real advantage. Not saying you should go with MLH but it's good to have the advice of a healthcare professional who's worked with these doctors. Plus the integrated computer system helps.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:35 AM

10,606 posts, read 12,105,485 times
Thanks all...it really is hard to find a new doc.

In the DC area, I lived 40 mins from my doc..we were both in suburbs. I didn't mind the trip. She was great -- and affiliated with a good hospital.

I'm in far SW Philly, so the closest hospital to me is actually Mercy Fitz in Landsdowne.

HUP is my first choice. It has LOTS of satellite offices so that's likely where I'll eventually end up.

I don't know that I want to go downtown, to 8th and spruce, or Jefferson and deal with that congestion. I just don't know.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:49 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,293,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Thanks all...it really is hard to find a new doc.

In the DC area, I lived 40 mins from my doc..we were both in suburbs. I didn't mind the trip. She was great -- and affiliated with a good hospital.

I'm in far SW Philly, so the closest hospital to me is actually Mercy Fitz in Landsdowne.

HUP is my first choice. It has LOTS of satellite offices so that's likely where I'll eventually end up.

I don't know that I want to go downtown, to 8th and spruce, or Jefferson and deal with that congestion. I just don't know.
FYI! Sometimes a nurse practitioner can provide equal or even better care then an MD or OD when it comes to routine care. Many primary care practices have them on staff if you can find one taking on new patients.

Old 02-26-2021, 12:28 PM

333 posts, read 281,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
FYI! Sometimes a nurse practitioner can provide equal or even better care then an MD or OD when it comes to routine care. Many primary care practices have them on staff if you can find one taking on new patients.
This is very true. It might be based on their different background, but nurse practitioners in my experience tend to be much more patient and thorough, even when working under the same time constraints as other practitioners. When I first moved back to the city a decade ago, I found a wonderful nurse practitioner operating out of a practice near Pennsylvania Hospital. She later left a few years later, and I never found a true replacement for the level of care I received under her.

Not saying there aren't wonderful MDs or ODs, but don't feel like you need to limit your search to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: