Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 08:18 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,007,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Elijah, they don't need to be near KOP. That's just where they are renting for now.
I see that now. My mistake. I think the range of options I provided still applies to splitting a commute between Lansdale and Center City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 12:29 PM

1,397 posts, read 914,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
They havent yet, I think they may want something closer to the train is all.
Lansdale has a train station right in the center of town, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:35 PM

840 posts, read 693,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Lansdale has a train station right in the center of town, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Didnt realize it ran out that far, great I will let him know. Thanks all

Old 04-22-2021, 06:30 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,154 times
North Wales is also an option. North Wales is right next to Lansdale and apparently the Wissahickon school district is one of the best in the area. I'm extremely familiar with the North Wales/Lansdale area. There are many beautiful tree lined streets and a mix of older homes as well as newer homes. There's a condo or apartment rental option right next to the train station called Station Square or something like that. The area has good diversity too. North Wales is slightly closer to the city than Lansdale (maybe 5 minutes shorter).

Old 04-22-2021, 07:45 AM

1,397 posts, read 914,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
North Wales is also an option. North Wales is right next to Lansdale and apparently the Wissahickon school district is one of the best in the area. I'm extremely familiar with the North Wales/Lansdale area. There are many beautiful tree lined streets and a mix of older homes as well as newer homes. There's a condo or apartment rental option right next to the train station called Station Square or something like that. The area has good diversity too. North Wales is slightly closer to the city than Lansdale (maybe 5 minutes shorter).
North Wales is another good choice. North Wales borough is entirely within North Penn school district, though (which is also a perfectly fine school district). There are parts of Upper Gwynedd township with a North Wales address that go into Wissahickon, but not the borough.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:02 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,485,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
North Wales is another good choice. North Wales borough is entirely within North Penn school district, though (which is also a perfectly fine school district). There are parts of Upper Gwynedd township with a North Wales address that go into Wissahickon, but not the borough.
All of Upper Gwynedd Township goes to North Penn school district. Within the North Wales postal code, there is of course North Wales Borough, as well as parts of Upper Gwynedd Twp (North Penn), Montgomery Twp (North Penn), Lower Gwynedd Twp (Wissahickon), and I believe a small part of Horsham Twp (Hatboro Horsham)

Old 05-18-2021, 08:38 PM

55 posts, read 36,052 times
During pre-covid times, the train ride from Lansdale to CC can be exhausting, exceeding 1-hour at peak times. Yes you'd get used to it, and yes you can rest your eyes or do other activities, but it's a bit draining day after day. Additionally, the scheduled departure times were every hour apart. Don't let that deter you from Lansdale, which has some nice charm; especially if you are used to commuting.

Ambler gets you a little closer, so I would thumbs up that vote over Lansdale for the reason above. The Ambler weekend scene is very lively with restaurants, live music, and fun bars at the later hours. Home prices slightly higher however.

Conshohocken is a bit busier, as it sits at the intersection of major transportation connections (76, 476, Rte 23, rail, trail network, and Norfolk Southern industrial rail. A new train station is being constructed to add capacity and more frequent departure times. The median age is ~35, many of which are new comers/transplants filling the office towers and apartment complexes. There is also a blue collar vibe, as it has a very industrial recent history (the steel mill there has been in business since 1826!). In addition to the main street social scene of Ambler and Lansdale, Conshy also has numerous corner bars and restaurants, another nod to it's historical significance along the schuylkill river.

Since the OP has a potential home budget above $500k, Blue Bell should also be mentioned, which is a residential area with large and new subruban homes. BB does not have a main street vibe however. I believe it is in the Wissahickon SD, which ranks slightly higher than the other areas (likely due to higher income).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia