Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 08:10 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,416,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Sadly the country has decided that you can go mask free if you are vaccinated, or just a liar. And any teeth into a mandate, or heaven forbid a passport, is DOA. Frankly, at some point, Darwinism will take over.

It is kind of funny watching Fox sort of change its tone. Like they don't want to **** off their viewers who can go to Newsmax or OAN, but on the other hand they realize slowly killing your viewers isn't good for business. They created this monster, its up to them to figure out how to kill it.
Yeah, a vaccine passport would be fantastic, but no one’s got the guts. A government mandate would be too far, though I certainly support it for certain occupations.

My biggest concern about it spreading amongst the merrily unvaccinated is 1) it puts innocent children at risk, and 2) the chance for vaccine resistant mutations to flourish as the virus replicates. Sigh. At this point, it’s all so avoidable.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:39 AM

1,465 posts, read 613,161 times
People need to stop making demands of others and take responsibility for themselves.

Yes, people lie. If you're worried about the virus, protect yourself. Assume everybody who says they're vaccinated is a liar. Get vaccinated and wear your mask 24/7.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
People need to stop making demands of others and take responsibility for themselves.

Yes, people lie. If you're worried about the virus, protect yourself. Assume everybody who says they're vaccinated is a liar. Get vaccinated and wear your mask 24/7.
I’m sure you would employ that logic with crime, driving safety, etc. It’d definitely be the victims’ fault if someone were violent or negligent in those cases too, right?

Old 07-24-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
I’m sure you would employ that logic with crime, driving safety, etc. It’d definitely be the victims’ fault if someone were violent or negligent in those cases too, right?
No ... totally different scenarios. No matter how safe you try to be, you have no control over someone randomly running a redlight or putting a gun in your face.

You can, however, get yourself vaccinated and wear a mask to protect yourself from a virus.

Nobody has the right to make someone get vaccinated. You can try to shame them and belittle them, but that says more about you being a lousy person than them.

If I were you, I'd get vaccinated and wear a mask and stop worrying about what others do with their body.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Were you this upset during the AIDS days when people knew about the virus yet were still engaging in risky behavior in alleyways and bathhouses?

Influenza kills too. Are you freaked out about people not getting the influenza vaccine?

Old 07-24-2021, 09:29 AM

13,956 posts, read 8,816,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I feel very much as you do.....to the bolded section, I would also have no issues with wearing a mask if a private institution required it in order to enter the premises as opposed to a government request.
I got vaccinated in March. I carry my vaccination card in my wallet and a mask with me wherever I go. Usually, it's on my face because I use public transportation a lot, and the mask mandate remains in effect on SEPTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
How do you plan to shop at the supermarket or go to the doctor?
Most retailers I have entered, including grocers, have signs indicating that masks are optional if one has been vaccinated. Because no proof of this is required, I'd echo Hedonism's recommendation.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Most retailers I have entered, including grocers, have signs indicating that masks are optional if one has been vaccinated. Because no proof of this is required, I'd echo Hedonism's recommendation.
The Asian market in Mayfair demands a mask. So I wear a mask. I don't like it, but I put the mask on in order to get what I want.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
No ... totally different scenarios. No matter how safe you try to be, you have no control over someone randomly running a redlight or putting a gun in your face.

You can, however, get yourself vaccinated and wear a mask to protect yourself from a virus.

Nobody has the right to make someone get vaccinated. You can try to shame them and belittle them, but that says more about you being a lousy person than them.

If I were you, I'd get vaccinated and wear a mask and stop worrying about what others do with their body.
And no matter how safe you try to be, if you’re a kid or otherwise ineligible for the vaccine, there is still a risk of contracting COVID. So the right thing to do is for everyone eligible for the vaccine to get the shot or wear a mask, in order to reduce risk for those ineligible. And, you’ve yet to address the fact that the more it spreads, the more chance it has to generate vaccine-resistant mutations.

You can, however, wear a seatbelt or avoid roads for your entire life? Most people don’t find that to be an acceptable response. Most people encourage safe driving.

The odd thing about your strawman argument is that I never shamed or belittled anyone but the right wing conspiracists. For many of the unvaccinated, I honestly consider them deceived. I don’t desire, nor have I suggested we vaccinate people against their consent. I do, however, expect them to wear masks, just as I expect people to drive cautiously on the road.

Sorry if me having a different standpoint causes you to take personal offense. However, I cannot control your personal sensitivities, Hedo.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
And no matter how safe you try to be, if you’re a kid or otherwise ineligible for the vaccine, there is still a risk of contracting COVID. So the right thing to do is for everyone eligible for the vaccine to get the shot or wear a mask, in order to reduce risk for those ineligible. And, you’ve yet to address the fact that the more it spreads, the more chance it has to generate vaccine-resistant mutations.

You can, however, wear a seatbelt or avoid roads for your entire life? Most people don’t find that to be an acceptable response. Most people encourage safe driving.

The odd thing about your strawman argument is that I never shamed or belittled anyone but the right wing conspiracists. For many of the unvaccinated, I honestly consider them deceived. I don’t desire, nor have I suggested we vaccinate people against their consent. I do, however, expect them to wear masks, just as I expect people to drive cautiously on the road.

Sorry if me having a different standpoint causes you to take personal offense. However, I cannot control your personal sensitivities, Hedo.
Yeah, and I can't control your personal sensitivities and desires to make everyone do as you say.

Keep your kid masked or away from people if you're so worried about them. They're your problem, not everybody else's.

I take it you don't believe in 'my body, my choice.'

Old 07-24-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I can't control your personal sensitivities and desires to make everyone do as you say.

Keep your kid masked or away from people if you're so worried about them. They're your problem, not everybody else's.

I take it you don't believe in 'my body, my choice.'
Mhmm, cause that’s exactly what I said. You may want to reread.

And here you reveal your real attitude toward everyone else’s health. Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia