Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:42 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,092,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
I suggest you consider relocating to NJ, Moorestown, Haddonfield or Princeton to get over your inferiority complex.
This is your most bizarre comment yet. Isn't your city-data login the name of your town? Why else would you call yourself "Moorestown Resident" except to let everyone know that you supposedly live there? No one else here has anything to prove.

You remain the only person claiming to live in Jersey that continually has such harsh things to say about PA. I think it hurts you that SEPA (i.e. Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery) gets such good press while good areas in SJ get overlooked for the simple fact that they are in New Jersey and therefore are stuck with a negative connotation. You're like the jealous middle child who so desperately wants attention.

Tons of people from Metro NY are moving to upstate PA (the I80/81 corridor, the Lehigh Valley, etc.) but who in South Jersey moves to SEPA to save money? I've never heard of such a phenomenon.

There are absolutely plenty of generally- to very-blue collar communities in SEPA. They include (among others) Eastern Delco (Chester, Lansdowne, Clifton Heights, Essington, etc.), Lower Eastern Bucks (Croydon, Bristol, Falls, etc.), and random parts of Chester (Coatesville, Phoenixville) and Montgomery (Norristown, Pottstown, Lansdale) Counties. But don't try to make SJ some sort of bastion of white-collar residents just because many of your northern neighbors have great jobs in NYC and the office parks of North Jersey. If you feel better lambasting PA that's fine but it's your replies that casual observers will suspect - there's too much animosity in your quotes for anyone to take them too seriously.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:53 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,517,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
This is your most bizarre comment yet. Isn't your city-data login the name of your town? Why else would you call yourself "Moorestown Resident" except to let everyone know that you supposedly live there? No one else here has anything to prove.

You remain the only person claiming to live in Jersey that continually has such harsh things to say about PA. I think it hurts you that SEPA (i.e. Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery) gets such good press while good areas in SJ get overlooked for the simple fact that they are in New Jersey and therefore are stuck with a negative connotation. You're like the jealous middle child who so desperately wants attention.

Tons of people from Metro NY are moving to upstate PA (the I80/81 corridor, the Lehigh Valley, etc.) but who in South Jersey moves to SEPA to save money? I've never heard of such a phenomenon.

There are absolutely plenty of generally- to very-blue collar communities in SEPA. They include (among others) Eastern Delco (Chester, Lansdowne, Clifton Heights, Essington, etc.), Lower Eastern Bucks (Croydon, Bristol, Falls, etc.), and random parts of Chester (Coatesville, Phoenixville) and Montgomery (Norristown, Pottstown, Lansdale) Counties. But don't try to make SJ some sort of bastion of white-collar residents just because many of your northern neighbors have great jobs in NYC and the office parks of North Jersey. If you feel better lambasting PA that's fine but it's your replies that casual observers will suspect - there's too much animosity in your quotes for anyone to take them too seriously.
No, you are incorrect. I understand some folks here not being happy about some of my statements here but I had to shed some light on the truth. Let's move forward as one vibrant region and stop throwing stones.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,213,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Let's move forward as one vibrant region and stop throwing stones.
It has nothing to do with throwing stones and everything to do with setting the record straight to some yahoo yapping about incorrect QOL issues.Its about telling the truth or educating the misinformed.

I agree with everyone else that it's absolutely insane to be proclaiming victory by saying haha we get less house for our money, we win. Thats a bit sophmoric isnt it? I guess certain individuals like yourself get off on that type of egocentric behavior and I'd be perfecty ok with it if it were true. BUT ITS NOT IT IS 100% FALSE and thats when I begin to have a problem with it.

Prudential Fox has 170 listed homes for sale in Gladwyne+Villanova Pa.

Only 6 houses are listed for under 600,000.Only 1 under 500,000. Not boasting just the facts.

1 out of 170 houses listed under $500k chief. Let that sink in before spouting your lies about getting more house for your money in Pa compared to NJ.

On to unattainable Moorestown NJ per PrudentialFox.com

130 houses listed for sale.

86 houses listed under $600,000. 55 under $500,000.

66% of the houses in Moorestown sell below $600k
43% of the houses in Moorestown sell below $500k
2.3% of the houses in Moorestown sell above $3,000,000

Gladwyne/Villanova

3% of the houses in Gladwyne/Villanova sell below 600k
0.005% of the houses in Gladwyne/Villanova sell below $500k
17% of the houses in Gladwyne/Villanova sell above $3,000,000

This discussion for all intents and purposes is over.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:43 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,517,217 times
Rocker I suggest you pipe down, I already made you look foolish. The sample of what's on the market changes constantly. Go back into hiding. You were schooled by someone more knowledgeable than yourself. And it's what you actually get for the money, not how much it costs. I have already proven the grand homes on the Main Line cost less per square foot. Taxes are night and day even for small homes in NJ. NJ is just less affordable. Get over it.

Villanova 3 bedroom, 1.5 baths, $394,000, generous room sizes, eat-in kitchen, stone exterior, cul-de-sac location. Taxes not listed. Probably $3,500 if that. 64 years old, 3 stories w/ loft. Partially Renovated 2008.

Villanova, PA 19085 Real Estate: MLS # 5338699 (http://www.weichert.com/search/realestate/PropertyListing.aspx?P=19552708&cityid=54653&dir=A SC - broken link)

Moorestown, $390,000,4 bedroom, 1.5 baths, tiny 1,600 square feet, bad location, fixer upper, 55 years old, taxes $6,300 but now about $8,000 (town was reassessed in 2008)

Prudential Fox and Roach - Home Search / Property Profile (http://www.prufoxroach.com/search/search_results_profile.cfm?propID=a9afbb3b-4ad5-473a-987f-a9fc144144e8&propNo=5&sortby=1&pagestart=1&startro w=1 - broken link)

Now go away. Take your medicine like a man.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 06-08-2008 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
Spirited debate is fine... but let's not get personal.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM

119 posts, read 355,642 times
I'd like to know why MoorestownResident and Rainrock continually monopolize entire threads with their incessant rantings, getting nearly competely off-topic from the OP's question? Their continuous back and forth nonsense is irritating, not informative. Why don't you two start your own thread dedicated to spouting off at one another about NJ vs PA and leave other threads alone---so that people like me don't have to wade through all of your senseless rants and can actually get some useful info pertinent to the OP's question??? It's selfish really.

Moderator??

Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM

In response to janny,

Expounding on my last post, there is nothing wrong with spirited, respectful debate. Sometimes in the heat of defending one's view, comments can become more personal, without realizing it. I'd certainly encourage everyone to be respectful of one another, stay on topic, and agree to disagree when necessary.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM

119 posts, read 355,642 times
Thank you for your response. How are they staying on topic? The OP said, "We are looking for an area with newer homes (don't like old homes), that is 30 min. or less from downtown Philly, and we'd preferably like a suburb that has a nice little downtown (we've heard West Chester, Chestnut Hill, Moorestown, and Doylestown may be some to consider with walkable downtown areas). For instance, if you've ever been to Evanston in the Chicago area, that is the type of suburb I'd like to live in (nice suburb with a nice little downtown area with shops and restaurants).

Given these three criteria that we have: newer homes, 30 min. or less from downtown Philly, and nice, walkable downtown area, are there any other suburbs you can recommend? (Though I know West Chester is about 45 min. from Philly)."

The OP didn't ask for regional statistics on which places are most expensive to live, who has more preserved land, who has a more corrupt local government, a higher per capita income, etc.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 AM

Your thoughts are duly noted.

Since the OP has not responded to this topic since it was started two weeks ago, it may be best just to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia