Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:23 AM

93 posts, read 325,886 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I have to fly out of Philadelphia airport on saturday, any suggestions on the best long term airport parking? I will be gone 5 days. I need something easy to get to as I am driving 3 hours to the airport and don't need any added stress!

I'd love any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 AM

324 posts, read 1,216,947 times
Philadelphia International Airport Parking, PHL Parking I use Pre-Flight (used to be called Ampco) - rates are decent with a AAA card or coupon (found on their site). 5-10 minutes from car to terminal and plenty of shuttles to pick you up after the flight

Plus they have both indoor and outdoor parking (the indoor is in an old warehouse and completely dry).
They also offer auto services so you can have your oil changed while you are gone if you need it.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM

360 posts, read 990,133 times
A second vote for Pre-Flight, for all reasons stated above.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:15 PM

889 posts, read 2,563,414 times
I think you'll get informed reviews on that subject here, Best parking near PHL? - FlyerTalk Forums. Note these are mostly from business travelers (someone else is paying their travel expenses), not leisure travelers.

One more worth reading: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mid-a...hl-thread.html

Member of AAA? Check for their discounts, usually good for 10 to 15% off listed rates at many places.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:35 AM

418 posts, read 1,344,686 times
When I lived outside taxi range.. I used Pacifico
Inexpensive .. safe .. and you don't need to deal with luggage
I believe you can also get service or detailing ...

Pacifico Airport Valet, Pre-Owned Pre-Owned dealership in Philadelphia, PA 19153

Old 08-21-2009, 08:57 AM

1,623 posts, read 6,509,301 times
If you want quick in and out, no hassle, use the Airport's long term parking - it's right there, the buses run often, and you can get to your car and on your way in 10 minutes without having to leave the airport complex, wait for the buses that come less often to get you there, etc...

Old 08-21-2009, 09:13 AM

324 posts, read 1,216,947 times
For the cost of the Economy parking lot (that is often filled), I can park inside @ PreFlight. Plus PreFlight has a rewards program...a couple vacations and a business trip or two and I have 3 free days since they started it. Not a bad perk be being a somewhat frequent parker.

I've waited in the lot for that shuttle - they don't pick you up or drop you off at your car, you have to wait at bus stops...a lot of times, the shuttles were crammed and slow to pick up to get you to the terminal. Always plenty of buses to get you to the lot though after your flight.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:41 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,611,273 times
We also use PreFlight when we travel, very easy to use.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,095,793 times
After I once parked in the economy lot, forgot what section I parked in, and walked around for 30 minutes trying to find my car, I won't park there again. I would base your selection on whether you are coming to the airport from the north or south on I-95 as there are multiple parking companies on each side. I come from the south (95 North) so I get off in Essington and park at Colonial. Yeah it's probably not the closest lot to the airport, but they pick you up at your car and drop you off at your car.

The airport economy shuttle can often take a long time to get to the terminal because it makes so many stops in the lot. That, combined with the fact that you usually have to park in the far outfield of the economy lot, can eat up a lot of "pre-flight" time.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:42 PM

13,250 posts, read 33,387,446 times
We use fasttrack Airport Parking Location Search Results - AviStar / FastTrack Airport Parking I think we've used Colonial before too. I don't think there is too much difference in any of of the off site parking places.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia