U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 AM

7,652 posts, read 11,029,819 times
Congrats to the "New" Red Machine for another National League Pennant!

Have a problem with another member? Report the post, contact a moderator via Direct Message or click here to add them to your ignore list!

Are you in the real estate industry? Check this out!

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 06:14 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,496,276 times
What a game! The bats really came to life. Once again, someone new contributed to the victory (Feliz). They're going to need all the offense they can muster if they play the Yankees. They're also going to need the 2008 version of Hamels to beat them as well.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 AM

10,031 posts, read 15,393,114 times
Wish I had seen this before the series started - pretty funny! Philadelphia Phillies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 AM

925 posts, read 1,941,029 times
Two years in row, what a milestone ! Go Phillies and see you can win the World Series. If the Yankees get in the WS I would then call it an Exurb Overlap Series. That is fantastic about getting the pennant once again !

Old 10-22-2009, 10:47 AM

15,909 posts, read 11,382,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Wasn't that a sweet game last night?! As painful as it was to watch the Eagles, it was a joy to watch the Phillies!
Go Philles

Old 10-24-2009, 10:58 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,671,506 times
The Eagles are irrelevant to me, as well as NFL football in general. I'll watch a few snaps periodically, but I just do not sit around my TV or some bar/restaurant TV wearing green or another team color hooting and hollering like a neanderthal. I am not a part of this culture.

The Phillies are different. Baseball is a more interesting sport. I am thrilled about the Phillies winning the pennnant. Some of the fans still irk me however. The whole Broad and Skunk crowd that the Philly media now promotes along with the Chickie and Petes jabronies are not my kind of people. They annoy me. Nonetheless, go Phillies. I will enjoy in my private Lehigh Valley residence. If I was in Philly I would hang with the Dirty Franks, Savoy Restaurant, or Mcglinchies crowd.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 AM

10,031 posts, read 15,393,114 times
Wooo Hooo! Great game last night! Even though we were winning the whole game I was worried until the ninth inning. I hope Lee keeps the magic flowing - what a pitcher we have!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 AM

925 posts, read 1,941,029 times
The series is now 2-1 Yankees and I am starting to spit nails! C'mon Phils, you could do better than this. I want an encore of last year.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,099,487 times
I dunno looks dicey, we can come back. The Marlins did. BUT WE NEED BATS!!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM

253 posts, read 492,862 times
Cole Hamels needs to be kept away from the pitching mound...IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia