U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-30-2007, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 10,489 times

Advertisements

Hi
My husband and I are looking for a cool vacation spot, like one that is unique but also pretty inexpensive. We were looking to go for either a weekend or a week in early August of this year. We live in Philly but would like to go somewhere in PA, NJ, MD, DC, VA, CT, Ny, you get the idea. Somewhere within about 2 hours of Philly, PA. I am open to interesting and fun suggestions. We are NOT daredevils, or nudists, or loud obnoxious drinkers. We are quiet people who love the beach, but are also into sitting in a cabin in the woods. We wouldn't mind having a luxury hotel if we could afford it, overlooking something pretty. I am just really looking for the best suggestions you could give us. We are in our 30's and are not people to just rock all day on the porch either. We want a place that has nice beautiful big accomodations (the place we will stay) but also the location should have lots of things to choose from, good restaurants, fun entertainment, (maybe a beach) See, I LOVE water. I love sailing, so anything with that would be great, but my husband loves places like Gettysburg and Williamsburg, the more historic piece. Well, now that you have a feel for what we're looking for, please email back. Hotels, B&B's, beaches, get-a-ways, websites, all of it. I need help. We are stuck. At a standstill now! I just don't want to do the same old thing this year. No winerys please. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 06:27 AM

10,395 posts, read 16,688,540 times
It's the two hours distance that I'm stuck on. Also the combination of good restaurants and entertainment but maybe beaches? If you are looking for laid back during the day, it seems like you are not going to find entertainment and restaurants at night except at a busy shore town like Atlantic City. Cape May? You could stay there and take the ferry over to Lewes for a day. We tend to vacation out of state, like the outer banks or out west like Utah, or down to Skyline Drive in Virginia. Oh, how about one of the little towns in Maryland by the Chesapeake Bay Chesapeake Bay Guide and Maps: Chesapeake Bay, Eastern Shore of Virginia, Tangier Island, Chincoteague, Onancock and more

This wesbsite: Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor or this one: Fodor's Travel Guides | Plan Your Trip Online might be able to help you out more. Both have forums where you can post questions and get answers.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:28 AM

42 posts, read 265,730 times
if you take out the 2 hours away requirement, Cape Cod is beautiful. My fiance and I went last summer to go somewhere different, we were tired of the Jersey shore, and it was breathtaking. We found a decent hotel there, very accomodating and extremely affordable.
Cape Cod was quiet, and had great food. Tons of antique shops, and Nantucket by ferry is supposed to be wonderful.
Of course, Maine is next on our list, we just weren't able to find any cheap airfare up there, in fact it was so expensive when we looked.
Cape Cod is about 6-7 hours away, but well worth it.
We are going the first week of August, let me know if you want nay further info about the hotel we found, I'd be glad to help.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:22 PM

18 posts, read 82,370 times
I also live in philly but i try to avoide the jersy shore you should check out LAKE GEORGE NY its about 5 hours from philly but has a wonderfull lake and a lot of history.The web site is[url="www.lakegeorge.com"]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia