Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times

Advertisements

Bissie, are your parents still in KOP? I'm thinking some of the places you mentioned would be a haul from KOP and not very convenient, which is the whole point of your moving back, right? (For example, Quakertown, Sellersville, etc.) I agree that it's going to be tough to find a decent house within your budget. But wouldn't there be something in the KOP area, or up the 422 corridor like Audubon, Jeffersonville, Collegeville? Or outside of Norristown, like Plymouth Township? Not sure what the schools in those areas are like....I'm just thinking of the convenience to your parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM

36 posts, read 80,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Bissie, are your parents still in KOP? I'm thinking some of the places you mentioned would be a haul from KOP and not very convenient, which is the whole point of your moving back, right? (For example, Quakertown, Sellersville, etc.) I agree that it's going to be tough to find a decent house within your budget. But wouldn't there be something in the KOP area, or up the 422 corridor like Audubon, Jeffersonville, Collegeville? Or outside of Norristown, like Plymouth Township? Not sure what the schools in those areas are like....I'm just thinking of the convenience to your parents.
Bissie's original post asked for areas that were within an hour. I can get to KOP in under 40 minutes from Sellersville. Quakertown has easy access to 476 and would be approximately the same amount of time.

All of the places you mentioned are convenient to KOP, but can be expensive. However, your post did cause me to think of another viable option... Pheonixville. The downtown area of Pheonixville has gone through a bit of a revival. In addition, the demographics are more of what you are looking for Bissie. It is also close to KOP. I know there are some areas of P'ville that are a little questionable and I'm not sure what the school system is like. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding the schools and crime in Pheonixville?

Quakertown is a little more culturally diverse than the Sellersville/Perkasie area. The school system isn't bad either. I know someone who currently works in the Central Bucks school system (regarded as one of the state's best), but previously worked in the Quakertown system. She has stated more than once that she enjoyed working in Quakertown much more.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
OK, I didn't realize Bissie was OK with up to an hour commute to the parents. Quakertown is 38 miles from KOP, so you'd have to be hauling butt and run into no traffic to get there in less than 40 mins. :-) Phoenixville would definitely be more convenient; I don't know about the schools either though.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 11,060 times
I don't know if this is too far off the beaten path for you, but Downingtown-Thorndale area would seem to fit the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia