Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 14,972 times

Advertisements

I don't know the prices but in 2005 my daughter had her reception in the Sheraton (Pine Ridge), King of Prussia and it was a lovely ball room (200 people). We received excellent service before the wedding and Karen from the hotel made sure all the bridal party ate some lunch and she got us to the limos on time, and took good "care" of the wedding party before and during the reception. My daughter chose to use outside vendors for flowers. On 7/7/07 my youngest daughter was married in Raddison Hotel, Trevose. She chose the package deal and it was very, very nice. Flowers, cocktail and reception food and service before and during very good. Good luck and best wishes to you. Trillum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 14,954 times
Hello! My friend was married this past April and she had a Saturday afternoon reception at the Black Lake Room which is part of P & P caterer's. They have a few rooms around the Southampton Rd area. I think it may have cost about $50 a person and it came with a decent amount of food and it was good too. Good luck and congrats!!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 14,927 times
looking for a nice and reasonable place to have an outside wedding and have my reception inside

Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM

640 posts, read 3,074,610 times
Joseph Ambler Inn has beautiful grounds and banquet facilities. They are located in North Wales.
Joseph Ambler Inn

Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM

83 posts, read 500,655 times
Celebrations - been to several wedding there and they were all beautiful.

On a budget I think Romano's does a fabulous job. Not in the greatest area - but their facility and food/service was better than many other places I've been that cost much more.

There are also several halls that have their own caterer. There is one down around Penn's Landing - maybe it's the police/fireman's hall? Also - I beleive the Ironworkers union hall is up in the far NE. I was attended weddings at both and they were very nice.

You definitely don't need to spend a fortune to have a nice affair in Philly. There are so many places to choose from. Also -if you love a place but it's too expensive you can check into their rates for a Friday evening or Sunday afternoon wedding. They will usually give a good discount.

Good luck!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 14,514 times
Default The Cottage Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileybear View Post
thanks for the suggestion! The place looks beautiful, and familiar, I think we may have had family have a wedding reception there.

Also, looks like our budget has dropped, or actually we are being more realistic, so if anyone knows of place for around $50 per person, I'd appreciate the suggestions!

Try to Cottage Green. it is a nice hall with ample parking in the greater northeast near Grant and Academy. Depending on what you chose, liquor wise, you can have a wedding for less then $50 a person. I had a sweet 16 that with a cash part there for 18 a person. For a open bar I think it was an additional $15 a person. So you could do it for like $35pp. The food is really good, the staff s really nice, and I got alot of compliments from my guest. I don't see a point in spending alot for a wedding. This place has several rooms that can hold large and small parties. Here is the link:
Greater Philadelphia's Premier Off-Premise Caterer

Good Luck

Old 12-12-2007, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 14,391 times
Default reception sites

If you are looking to save costs there are a lot of things available- check out some of the arboretums in the area. Curtis has a beautiful hall that used to be a music hall for the manson there. I dont think it holds more than 100 people though. Its a beautiful setting. Also try some historical houses in the area. You're able to rent them out. Hope that helps a little! I have been to several weddings over the last year or two. Good luck!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
I'll ditto Curtis Arboretum. If you set up a tent on the patio you can get about 140 people. For 75 people it would be great.
http://www.cheltenhamtownship.org/parks/parksys1.htm#curtisarb (broken link)

Old 12-13-2007, 12:02 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,345,719 times
I had my ceremony and reception at Cairnwood and my caterer was Jeffrey Miller. This is a pretty popular venue and it is quite costly. It's located in in Bryn Athyn which is in Montgomery County.

http://www.cairnwood.org

http://www.jeffreymillercatering.com/home.htm

Old 01-08-2009, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 12,041 times
Hi, how are you? I am in NE and planning a 100 person wedding, and looking at about $50 per person. I'm anxious to know if you've found a place, and maybe you can share some with me. Let me know thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia