U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Status: "Turpa pie reikä ääliö" (set 29 days ago)
 
8,610 posts, read 5,922,158 times
Reputation: 18010

Advertisements

Right, like parents who don't believe in drugs because they think god will heal their child. You are preaching a radical and dangerous idea. Faith healing including 'positive thinking' is a fraud.

BABY DEATH BY VEGANISM - 5 Vegan Baby Starvation Cases - Parents convicted of murder - INHS

Fraud of Faith Healing

11-year-old dies because parents refused medical treatment, going instead with prayer « The Frame Problem

Even religious freedom has limits - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,878 posts, read 18,318,031 times
Reputation: 9868
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Where did anyone say that? It would be unwise for you to just stop your heart meds. But if you meditated on a healthy heart and you went to your heart doctor and your doctor told you you didn't need your meds anymore, you could stop them. That's exactly what happened to me. I was on 7 different types of meds and I don't take any meds anymore--not because I made a rash decision to stop taking them while risking my health--but because my arthritis and fibromyalgia healed themselves and my doctors told me I didn't need them anymore.

Now if you exercise the LOA and find out from your doctor that you no longer have your heart condition and no longer need the meds you are currently taking, then not only can you stop them, it would be unwise not to.
There is no cure for fibromyalgia or arthritis. They are both chronic conditions, so did you really ever have them at all?...So far on this forum you have claimed to be deaf, blind among other things, and now you claim to have been miraculously cured of all your afflictions...

I am beginning to doubt your credibility my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,616,273 times
Reputation: 12347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no cure for fibromyalgia or arthritis. They are both chronic conditions, so did you really ever have them at all?...So far on this forum you have claimed to be deaf, blind among other things, and now you claim to have been miraculously cured of all your afflictions...

I am beginning to doubt your credibility my friend.
I did. You can doubt me all you want. I know in my heart it's real because I experienced it. I'm not here to buy or sell anything. I only want to share with other people so they can begin to see their own personal power and change their own lives around. If you don't want to try it out, that's fine too. It's your choice. If you do honestly and genuinely give it a shot, though, you won't regret it for a second. If you half-heartedly give it a try, it won't work and you will revert back to your current worldview.

I couldn't believe any of this was possible myself. The only thing that got me to believe what I believe now is by going through it. Other people have been through similar situations. Just try it for yourself. Start in small amounts. Start with as much as you can genuinely make yourself believe. I know you can't make yourself believe your heart condition will heal, but maybe you can really make yourself believe that someone will buy you a drink today. Keep on believing it and make sure you're doing all the things I mentioned before.

Right now we as a planet are stuck in believing we are the victims of our reality. It makes sense because many of us are born into victimization. When that's all you know, it makes sense that that's what you believe. "The Secret", or what isn't really a secret anymore (lol) is that we aren't. We are the directors of our reality and we can change any negative situation around. We can create our own personal Paradise through the power of thought, meditation, and love. The tough part though, is that in order for the Secret to work, you have to totally flip around your way of thinking about things. We function now by "seeing is believing." But we have to change that to "believing is seeing." If you can believe it, and you keep believing it, it will happen.

I don't at all intend to shun modern medicine or anything. Modern medicine has also helped me a lot. Both approaches have their place. My friend had appendicitis last week and would have died if the surgeons didn't cut him open and take it out right away. I just also advocate for using this approach alongside all the great approaches we have today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,878 posts, read 18,318,031 times
Reputation: 9868
If you are talking about thinking positive, that comes naturally to me, and the positive state of mind has brought great benefits to my life, but I have never considered it as some kind of magic secret. I also have observed that people who are negative about their future generally get what they expect.

There is lots of new age nonsense available in Victoria and millions are made from it...No thanks, I wasn't born yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
 
27,706 posts, read 21,724,248 times
Reputation: 25385
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
You guys ever hear the saying, "Even a fake smile can brighten someones day?
The power of positive thought is real. Scientifically proven even. It is called the placebo effect. Even if that is all The Secret is, it has been scientifically proven to work. Yes it does leave out the part where you actually have to make this stuff happen and that simply thinking about a new car isn't going to magically make it appear in your driveway.

Oh. That explains why my 2001 Jetta is still out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Vermont
7,826 posts, read 4,908,046 times
Reputation: 6898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh. That explains why my 2001 Jetta is still out there.
No, you're wrong, it's a 2011 Lexus. You just haven't realized it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,616,273 times
Reputation: 12347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you are talking about thinking positive, that comes naturally to me, and the positive state of mind has brought great benefits to my life, but I have never considered it as some kind of magic secret. I also have observed that people who are negative about their future generally get what they expect.

There is lots of new age nonsense available in Victoria and millions are made from it...No thanks, I wasn't born yesterday.
I agree. The secret is no secret. Marketing it as "the Secret" was tacky IMO. And you don't need to read a book or spend $300 on a seminar to find out about it. All you have to do is live it, and that's free. I always encourage people to think before they pour tons of money into some spiritual master this or guru that because true realizations about life are always free and accessible to anyone anywhere at anytime. The idea that someone holds a secret or knowledge that you can only get from them and can't figure out yourself is just an attempt for them to make money off of you. Anything they have figured out you can figure out on your own for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
 
23,091 posts, read 11,198,542 times
Reputation: 3905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I always encourage people to think before they pour tons of money into some spiritual master this or guru that because true realizations about life are always free and accessible to anyone anywhere at anytime. The idea that someone holds a secret or knowledge that you can only get from them and can't figure out yourself is just an attempt for them to make money off of you. Anything they have figured out you can figure out on your own for free.
I have always maintained that anyone who has truly reached spiritual enlightenment would never ask for money to share it . . . it is completely incompatible with enlightenment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 AM
 
Location: Washingtonville
2,506 posts, read 977,599 times
Reputation: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's the ultimate placebo... it really is...
Probably all it really is. But it is a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:40 AM
 
Location: Washingtonville
2,506 posts, read 977,599 times
Reputation: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wait...Are you guys telling me I can throw away all those meds I take for my heart condition and high blood pressure in favor of rikii and positive thinking? This is good news since these drugs cost over $250 per month...Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is why this crap that you guys spew is dangerous, because some morons will do exactly what I suggested above and it will kill some of them....I will be sticking to my meds.
Not sure where I said to do this. I said it worked form me and that it may or may not work for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top