U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,091,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm not trying to make sense of anything, but he made the statement, and I am curious about how he will answer...I'm trying to get him to realize that everything he knows about god came from others, not from god.

You will never get me to realize things that are simply not true. My understanding comes from God; nobodyelse. I already knew how others think, the way I think does not come from them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 12:34 PM

2,997 posts, read 2,809,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Very simply; through my consciousness. Nothing verbal, no sounds, no vocies, no dreams, no hokey pokey; simple communication downloaded into your consciousness. The knowledge and understanding which was not there before, is simply now there.
Is it fair to say you also employed the instruments of The Bible which can be proven to be supernaturally inspired by God , the historical verifiable evidence of Christ / who he claimed to be / and the resurrection which proved him to be 100% credible and true which includes Christ promising the Holy Spirit of God would inhabit all Believers useful for greater knowledge, specific guidance, and deeper personal relationship with God ???

Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Is it fair to say you also employed the instruments of The Bible which can be proven to be supernaturally inspired by God , the historical verifiable evidence of Christ / who he claimed to be / and the resurrection which proved him to be 100% credible and true which includes the Holy Spirit of God that Christ said would inhabit all Believers useful for greater knowledge and personal relationship with God ???

Well yes, again I agree with you. Much of my understanding comes from the bible. And I do believe that if a person has Gods Holy Spirit, they are then tied in to much further understanding. However, I want to make it absolutely clear; I do not have Gods Holy Spirit inside of me. Not today.

Not yet.

But boy, if he ever gives it to me; I think that would be quite something!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Well yes, again I agree with you. Much of my understanding comes from the bible. And I do believe that if a person has Gods Holy Spirit, they are then tied in to much further understanding. However, I want to make it absolutely clear; I do not have Gods Holy Spirit inside of me. Not today.

Not yet.

But boy, if he ever gives it to me; I think that would be quite something!
God wants you to have his Spirit abide in you permanently , and he has to if you ever want to spend all of eternity with him. His promise in the Bible, is, for any person who is willing to trust that Christ is his personal Saviour of sins, then to 'recieve' what Christ did on the cross to his own life....that God will send the Holy Spirit to daily occupy ones life . The Holy Spirit then makes Christ more real to you, he instructs us in the way we should go, he helps us to give glory and praise to God , and he gives us real tangible power to live a life devoted to him .

I can tell by your spirit that you want this for your life. All thats necessary is for you to make it a reality .. and its done above by applying simple faith and trust in what Christ did for you and not on anything you can do. Im available by PM if you ever want to talk about it more. Regards. Dave.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:

I can tell by your spirit that you want this for your life. All thats necessary is for you to make it a reality .. and its done above by applying simple faith and trust in what Christ did for you and not on anything you can do. Im available by PM if you ever want to talk about it more. Regards. Dave.

Oh yes, I defintely want his Spirit, but its not based on that for me. My path is a little different, will be different. I have to walk alone. The simplicity of faith and trust, is for others whom God will deal with in that manner; I am happy for whoever they will be. God deals with people differently, not all the same.

Your path is not for me. I have no need to PM you, there is absolutely nothing you can do about my path.

Peace to you.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I defintely want his Spirit, but its not based on that for me. My path is a little different, will be different. I have to walk alone. The simplicity of faith and trust, is for others whom God will deal with in that manner; I am happy for whoever they will be. God deals with people differently, not all the same.

Your path is not for me. I have no need to PM you, there is absolutely nothing you can do about my path.

Peace to you.
Gods global plan is for everyone ; that includes you ... no one is excluded. And no one has to go alone without Gods Spirit living in them. It is just this simple : Romans 10:8-13 KJV - But what saith it The word is nigh thee - Bible Gateway

Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM

2,019 posts, read 1,601,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanspeur
But, you said that you were programmed by God. If he didn't speak to you how was this accomplished?
Quote:
Very simply; through my consciousness. Nothing verbal, no sounds, no vocies, no dreams, no hokey pokey; simple communication downloaded into your consciousness. The knowledge and understanding which was not there before, is simply now there.
Mickiel, wonderfully & simply put!

For your "Atheists" out there... you are not really "Agods" - you're ATHEISTS... against theology, not against God.
How can you be against your subconscious? Well, I guess you can be, if you deny its power.

One's subconscious is where intuition (aka "the kingdom of God within") is tapped into... And as Freud said, "The purpose of therapy is to make the unconcious concious."
Thoughts are powerful & influence us not only mentally but also physically.
When you are stressed, angry, depressed, or otherwise upset... YOU have the power to change it by changing your thoughts, especially on a subconscious level.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Gods global plan is for everyone ; that includes you ... no one is excluded. And no one has to go alone without Gods Spirit living in them. It is just this simple : Romans 10:8-13 KJV - But what saith it The word is nigh thee - Bible Gateway

I never said I was excluded from Gods plan, in fact, I spend more time telling others that all are included with each passing year. I already know this. But where Gods spirit is concerned, he gives that to who he will, when he will and where he will; and thats just how it is. I have no problem learning to live without Gods spirit, the vast majority of humans on this planet have had to do this. So I disagree with you that no one has to go alone without Gods spirit.

Most of us just have to for now.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

Mickiel, wonderfully & simply put!

Well thank you. So many believers make this incredible claim that God is speaking to them, that certain Atheist think all believers spout such nonsense. God can comminucate with a human in so many ways " Other than speaking to them", its simply astounding. He said one time that if he had to, he could make a rock talk.

I tell you man, this God is quite something. He can commiunicate with humans in 100 ways. I had a sister who was my oldest, she was a pure drunk who had a good natured heart. this was about 17 years ago, I was sitting at her kitchen table having dinner. She was drinking, but she knew some of my beliefs. She looked very worried and concerned as she sat down and said to me; Mike, are all of us really going to be saved and be with God no matter what? Because she had heard me say that.

I reached accross the table and grabbed both of her hands and said, " Quenna, you don't have to worry or be scared, it is very , very true. I could see a great sigh of relief come out of her, and she smiled and seemed to become happy. Less than a week later she was shot in the head and killed, But I KNOW that, on the day we talked, she felt that God had eased her fears. Just talking to her brother. Plain and simple.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 PM

591 posts, read 304,830 times
Quote:
Well thank you. So many believers make this incredible claim that God is speaking to them, that certain Atheist think all believers spout such nonsense. God can comminucate with a human in so many ways " Other than speaking to them", its simply astounding. He said one time that if he had to, he could make a rock talk.

I tell you man, this God is quite something. He can commiunicate with humans in 100 ways. I had a sister who was my oldest, she was a pure drunk who had a good natured heart. this was about 17 years ago, I was sitting at her kitchen table having dinner. She was drinking, but she knew some of my beliefs. She looked very worried and concerned as she sat down and said to me; Mike, are all of us really going to be saved and be with God no matter what? Because she had heard me say that.

I reached accross the table and grabbed both of her hands and said, " Quenna, you don't have to worry or be scared, it is very , very true. I could see a great sigh of relief come out of her, and she smiled and seemed to become happy. Less than a week later she was shot in the head and killed, But I KNOW that, on the day we talked, she felt that God had eased her fears. Just talking to her brother. Plain and simple.
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That must have been hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy