U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM

136 posts, read 181,417 times

Advertisements

1. 9/11 was a conspiracy. Someone or something gained a lot from it. Bin Laden was just a paid figurehead for a bad guy.
2. U.S. government and other world governments have knowledge of extraterrestrial beings and probably keep in contact with them in secret. Also negotiate secret deals.
3. JFK shooting was a conspiracy because Kennedy could have revealed some information to the public that someone higher up on the "pyramid" might not have liked revealed.
4. There is an elite bloodline that rules the world and controls every world affair. They actually want to help mankind in a way.
5. Jesus believed in reincarnation and did not really intend for people to go to church. Organized religion is corrupted. Jesus was just an enlightened man who is a great example to learn from.
6. Earth is hollow, has an Inner Earth sun and has a habitable surface on the inside. Earth's crust is around 800 miles thick with the center of gravity at 400 miles depth. The best alleged entrances to the Hollow Earth are Kentucky's Mammoth Cave, California's Mount Shasta, somewhere in the Himalayas, and North and South Pole.
It is purported that very spiritual and technologically advanced humans live in the Hollow Earth.
7."Good" and "Evil" doesn't exist in the big picture, just different ways of getting to the same goal (deep metaphysical thought).
8. Humans, metaphysically speaking, are developing souls who should try to show others what they are so that all can learn as a result because we all are one.
9. Mass Media is a big tool to brainwash the masses.
10. Anunnaki aliens (so called ancient astronauts) bio-engineered the Neanderthals.
11. There are humans on other Earth-like planets in the multiverse.
12. Every scenario thought of exists somewhere in the multiverse.
13. Bigfoot is a being that actually exists.
14. Atlantis was an actual civilization that existed but fell later on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,110,098 times
slightly neurotic, paranoid and hyper-sentimental

Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,468,121 times
aw so none of them are true.......

Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 PM

42,663 posts, read 73,949,461 times
I would think they are highly gullible and consistently fail to logically analyze premises. Nearly all of those are topics about which the person in question could not possibly have enough evidence to believe or disbelieve them. There is no reason to believe or disbelieve them, and the person who believes all of most or even many of the points is refusing to consider the reasonable arguments to the contrary.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
7."Good" and "Evil" doesn't exist in the big picture, just different ways of getting to the same goal (deep metaphysical thought).
Point 7 is worth considering though.

I think he is true here, as human morality is only a product of the times we live in.

Good and Evil tends to be steeped in religion, which of course we all know has little proof.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 PM

42,663 posts, read 73,949,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Point 7 is worth considering though.

I think he is true here, as human morality is only a product of the times we live in.

Good and Evil tends to be steeped in religion, which of course we all know has little proof.
Even though you are apparently not one of them, there are a lot of people out here who viscerally know whether we are doing the right thing or not. Doing the wrong thing is abundantly obvious to us, even if it is within the acceptable codes of our culture and "the times we live in". Do not try to deny that we exist, just because you are not one of us.

There is an easy way to recognize us. We cry at movies. And it is impossible to shut off that autonomic response to identifying and empathizing with complete strangers and fictional characters and puppies and even inanimate objects that we care about the happiness or well-being of, which is all morality is about: doing unto others. Just as we cried when we were three years old and our mother's read us fairy tales, long before we were able to rationalize the morality of the times we lived in and generate cognitive responses in order to comply with rigorously structured but artificial moral codes.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-03-2012 at 11:44 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:18 AM

nonsense!

crying at movies, feeling sorry for sick kittens or beggars on the street is nothing other than an ego extension.

It is a form of hyper-sentimentality.

You feel sorry for the kitten because you project yourself into it - ie: it is a mirror of your ego.

So you are really feeling sorry for yourself.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,468,121 times
Sorry KK to disagree but this is a different issue, to cry over an animal.. , thats a normal response by any caring person.. and called empathy.. not nonsense or ego at all... Im not a great pet or animal lover but I would cry or be upset if I saw one hurt.. Crying at sad movies is a normal response too , Ive cried often.. this has nothing to do with being gullible though..

Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 AM

231 posts, read 285,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
nonsense!

crying at movies, feeling sorry for sick kittens or beggars on the street is nothing other than an ego extension.

It is a form of hyper-sentimentality.

You feel sorry for the kitten because you project yourself into it - ie: it is a mirror of your ego.

So you are really feeling sorry for yourself.
And here I was thinking it was a lovely character trait, called empathy. Silly me

You seem to be of the same ilk such as people like Ayn Rand, believing in, and embracing the Virtue of Selfishness

Old 10-04-2012, 03:51 AM

63 posts, read 60,802 times
I think it depends on why they believe. Show me enough convincing evidence and I might believe, but it has to be convincing and I am not easily convinced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or