Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,664 times

Advertisements

All the evil that is so prevalent in society today, one has to say; "the scripture contains some truth". The scripture talks about how our parents (Adam and Eve) came face to face with a shape-shifting serpent who lead them into sin and disobedience. Sin, mistreatment, disrespect of all kinds, lurks around every corner. Sin is a part of everyday, sticks its ugly head in every month. Sin is why all of us have the same form, bleed the same blood, but some of us hate others. Sin is why people all over the world are starving. Sin is why many blacks were being hung from trees in the 60s. Sin is why The Messiya had to die to give mankind a second chance at holiness. Sin is why some people are financially comfortable, while others barely have a dime. Sin originated with curiousity, and curiousity is not always good.

Eve was away with a snake, being mislead, being impregnated with evil. I believe this because I read. I believe this because I can see. I believe this because I can hear. What do I read about? bad news, death, malice, racism, drug addiction, stealing, murder, jealousy. What do I see? poor people everywhere not being helped, rich people everywhere with their noses in the air not helping, people fighting, arguing, people not taking care of their kids, not loving their spouse. What do I hear? gunshots, threats from armed robbers, threats from angry bosses, police sirens, ambulances, sermons from false prophets. There has to be a such thing as devils and demons if you are paying attention to the world. The serpent of Genesis hoodwinked Adam and Eve, and got society to portray his character. The serpent was called a fallen angel, but he is much more than that he was a traitor, ignorant, arrogant, and discontent. This is the origin of evil and I believe it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Why does there have to be such a thing as devils and demons if we've been paying attention to the world? You never even began discussing that part.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
I think this should be in the religious section.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
what if God said " i create evil", would you believe that? there is a common belief amongst religous folks, both christian type, and new age, and satanic type, that satan was a great good angel that fell from heaven. what if he was created to do just what he does? what if he was a liar from the beginning, what if God created the crooked serpent? that would throw a wrench in the idea that evil originated when satan/the devil is the creator of evil.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM

588 posts, read 796,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
This is the origin of evil and I believe it!!!!
That's all fine and dandy. Sure a lot easier than trying to digest one of those complicated science books.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM

All honest people see and know that evil exists. There is good and there is bad in the world. Based on the actions of many people, its obvious that there is an invisible force involved. Until someone gives a better explanation, I will believe that devils and demons exist.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM

If you read the books left out of the scripture such as "the book of enoch", you will see that the nephillim had a free will, capable of choosing the good or evil.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,908,042 times
Evil is simply selfishness carried to an extreme. The desire to do whatever turns you on regardless of how much pain is inflicted on others. You can see it in its primeval form in a cat toying with a mouse. It's part of animal behaviour and if you recognise that humans are animals then you don't need supernatural explanations.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:28 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
I like the invisible demon argument. It makes sense.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Eve was away with a snake, being mislead, being impregnated with evil.
The idea of the downfall of Eden was that Eve ate from the tree of Knowledge. She shared this Knowledge with Adam, and in turn they both realized they were naked, and began to wear clothes. This was such a blasphemy that they were cast out from paradise. The snake may have been arrogant, but he was certainly not ignorant - that is not necessarily a sin or cause of evil, but learning and acquiring knowledge, from the Bibles' perspective, is generally the stated cause of all Evil.

Women are also said to have been born with more Sin then men. Because they are women, they are required to suffer more punishment, as is apparent in their suffering when giving birth, menstruating, etc. As they ate from the tree of Knowledge first, they must feel more pain for their Evil. Christianity was not the supervisor of modern-day equality that it generally is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy