Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I think that the unconditional love is not from child to parent, but from parent to child.
I thought that would be obvious. Go figure/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Very interesting, and not surprising, that you took my comment that way. What I meant was unconditional love from me towards another human being. Let's be clear on something, your misunderstanding here is all about you. And FYI we can still be contributing members to the human community while having children.
Calm down now...I read you post clearly.

Having a child is not how you experience unconditional love. It is 100% conditioned since it's all about your wants.

Sure you can still be contributing members but don't see a lot of it since most parents have to put much time and effort in to raising their minime.

If you want to truly experience unconditional love why not adopt a child with issues? Why not cultivate unconditional love for all humans on the planet? Now that would truly be cultivating unconditional love.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
That was also what I was alluding to.

Parents are 100% conditioned by the needs of a baby. The coos the laughter etc. Total conditioning.

Then once the child is older more conditioning in order to feel proud of your kid.

Then when little Johnny or Susie screws up over and over and over or becomes anything less then what the parent expects...now let's talk about unconditional love.

Such a false illusion people choose to hang onto in thinking this is unconditional love.
What nonsense. Really, who do you think you are that you have inside knowledge of other people's relationships? It's so bizarre. Stop digging yourself further into a silly hole.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:55 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
What nonsense. Really, who do you think you are that you have inside knowledge of other people's relationships? It's so bizarre. Stop digging yourself further into a silly hole.
Sorry you don't get it. Nothing bizarre about reality. Take a good look around dear.

If you kid was the constant neighborhood loser or drug abuser or school drop or school bully would you feel still feel proud and just pour your unconditional love all over them?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Calm down now...I read you post clearly.

Having a child is not how you experience unconditional love. It is 100% conditioned since it's all about your wants.

Sure you can still be contributing members but don't see a lot of it since most parents have to put much time and effort in to raising their minime.

If you want to truly experience unconditional love why not adopt a child with issues? Why not cultivate unconditional love for all humans on the planet? Now that would truly be cultivating unconditional love.
How would you know what I require to experience unconditional love? Really, worry about whatever is obviously lacking in your own life. No need to take a dump on random people online.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry you don't get it. Nothing bizarre about reality. Take a good look around dear.
Take a look around where? Your life? I don't get your trip and I have no interest in exploring it.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Take a look around where? Your life? I don't get your trip and I have no interest in exploring it.
I see you have never observed life. I see why you are having difficulty with this.

You can lean a lot from observing.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I see you have never observed life. I see why you are having difficulty with this.
What does this mean? Observed life where in particular? I've lived quite an eclectic, traveled life for the past 20 years as an adult. My experiences do not lend me a clue as to what you're point is. You're really being short sighted if you think your worldview can be generalized and extrapolated to others. It's not your place to dictate where individuals find their joy.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What does this mean? Observed life where in particular? I've lived quite an eclectic, traveled life for the past 20 years as an adult. My experiences do not lend me a clue as to what you're point is. You're really being short sighted if you think your worldview can be generalized and extrapolated to others. It's not your place to dictate where individuals find their joy.
Who on earth is dictating? I simply stated that to claim that the reason for having a child is so you could experience unconditional love. This is a bad reason to bring a child into the world. First of all you is it not unconditional love...it is purely conditioned. Maybe you should really learn about unconditional love before using it as a reason to have a child. That is my point.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Then why do working moms volunteer at the highest rates in our population?

"Parents of school-aged children volunteer at higher rate than overall population; nation's education chief says schools are an essential hub for civic activity"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy