Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:51 PM

454 posts, read 793,385 times

Advertisements

@ JAMESDD......

you don't want your son to grow up "afraid of a mouse"? what does that have to do with being gay/straight/manly? i'm female and no way terrified of mice (or lizards/snakes/spiders)!

my nephew liked to wear his mom's high heels and parade naked thru the house as a 4 year old... and he and a neighbor's son did latch-hook rugs at age 7.... neither incident "turned him gay". he's now adult, straight... but if he was gay certainly those two episodes would not have been the reason!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDD View Post
I have a maid 7 days a week. I only cook for friends or late at night if I'm really hungry.

P.S. His mother was never my wife. I've never been married (fortunately).
Fortunately for her.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
And BTW, what does this thread have to do with philosophy?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 PM

158 posts, read 210,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Fortunately for her.
To me, you mean. I would have a rope around my neck if I married her.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Heh. When my son was 3, he used to love to dress up in his sister's Tinkerbell fairy dress costume. It was green and had wings. He especially loved the wings.

One day he was playing outside with it on, chasing a garden snake he found in the garage. He would throw it somewhere and pretend to fly over to it to kill it. We had to have a conversation about not handling wild animals he found in the garage. He also had a thing for field mice. Thank God he never actually caught one.

I'm thinking his love of Tinkerbell costumes, Dora the Explorer (he even had Dora bedsheets) and tiaras had no effect on his "wimp" development. LOL
My son can't wear anything pink, at least while he stays with me. And there's no princesses and Disney stories, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLuvsToTravel View Post
@ JAMESDD......

you don't want your son to grow up "afraid of a mouse"? what does that have to do with being gay/straight/manly? i'm female and no way terrified of mice (or lizards/snakes/spiders)!

my nephew liked to wear his mom's high heels and parade naked thru the house as a 4 year old... and he and a neighbor's son did latch-hook rugs at age 7.... neither incident "turned him gay". he's now adult, straight... but if he was gay certainly those two episodes would not have been the reason!
Boys who are treated like babies go running to their mother when they see a mouse.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:14 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
And BTW, what does this thread have to do with philosophy?
Got me. Guess the mods decided this was somehow a philosophical thread?

Old 08-04-2013, 02:15 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
Quote:
My son can't wear anything pink, at least while he stays with me. And there's no princesses and Disney stories, that's for sure.
I feel sorry for your son.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I feel sorry for your son.
I assure you he's a very balanced, polite boy.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times
This MIGHT be philosophical because it deals with homosexuality.

I have only read a few of the posts, so this may have already been said. As far as the latest science is concerned, homosexuals and heterosexuals are born that way. Toys, or other objects, DON'T turn heterosexuals into homosexuals or vice-versa.
Only weird parents think like that.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
If he turned out that way, he will probably be an adult by then, so nothing to be done on my part. But I will surely not give him incentives to be gay. There are hardly any true men these days, I don't want him to be afraid of a mouse.
I do not think you understand the word incentive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy