Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 05:55 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I have little use for the young,
they're mindless killers--dont like my teacher, she looked at me funny, ill just kill her.
they're lazy-I wont work unless I can stand around all day doing very little for $15/hr.
they're foul mouth ill mannered, and have very little respect for anything.
they want instant gratification and rewards for the slightest things they do.
the saddest thing about all this is I predicted all this decades ago.
and it just better--just image what kind of people these kids are going to raise when they become parents!
And if this generation is so bad, imagine how craptastic the parents that raised them were!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 07:21 AM

I want to take a moment to say I don't hate Baby Boomers. I don't hate any broad group of individuals. My parents are Boomers and I've known plenty of great high quality people who happen to be from that generation. I just get sick and tired of Boomers and other older generations looking down their noses at my generation. I get sick and tired of hearing about how "kids these days are selfish, lazy, arrogant, entitled, etc." when I've worked my butt off to carve out what little I have and I've done it largely on my own. I never ran back home to mommy and daddy, I haven't whined and cried for the government, I have been in some really tight spots but I worked through them. I wouldn't trade those rough moments in for anything either because those tough times have played a large part in shaping my character and have made me who I am today.

I know of plenty of people my age who are working hard and raising families. It just gets tiring to always have to hear the same old song and dance about "those damn kids" when most of what I hear is just bullcrap. All generations have their good people, and all generations have their lazy SOBs it's just the way life goes.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:07 AM

37 posts, read 61,554 times
Why Generation Y Yuppies Are Unhappy | Wait But Why

Old 12-24-2013, 08:11 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
Because they're jealous of us...

They wish that they were our age so that they could have all these cool gadgets. It's just jealousy...

Old 12-24-2013, 08:16 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Blame is a disease...I hear it started in the Garden.
He said, she said, no, it was the snake...now it's all God's fault....and so
it continues.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
If we can answer the question:

Why do older generations complain about the younger generation?

I suspect the same answer will apply to:

Why do younger generations complain about the older generation?

Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Haha yes that is probably true.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:53 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

Not really. I don't have anything against older people. I just have an issue with my entire generation being called entitled. Entitled to what? It doesn't seem very wise or worldly to generalize about an entire generation of people.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 PM

373 posts, read 589,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Some people simply must complain about "them". It might be the opposite sex, another race or religion. Or it might be another age group. We see someone doing something we don't like and throw them into some group so we can complain about the whole group.

I see the same thing from younger posters, except they complain about older people, especially the baby boomers.

Let's face it, there's plenty to be upset about with every generation, but there's also plenty to be pleased with.
I disagree. Experience is worth a thousand credit hours. Experience is directly related to time.

The stuff my dad told me in the 1960's has played out, exactly as he predicted. And, no...the man was not psychic - or even HS educated. [of course, I rolled my eyes when he expounded on that stuff...but 45 years later???...all I gotta say is "wow!"]

Ponder that.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Not really. I don't have anything against older people. I just have an issue with my entire generation being called entitled. Entitled to what? It doesn't seem very wise or worldly to generalize about an entire generation of people.
This is honestly the problem I have most of the time as well. I just hate the negative stereotypes that are associated with our generation. I just try to be living proof that "kids these" days do know something about hard work and sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy