Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
It sure isn't based on love.
No, it's based on having morals and value and following God's word.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
From where I sit all I see are hypocrites and Christ was pretty clear on what he thought of those of you who like to sit yourselves on the thrown of judgment. Frankly, it's a tell tale sign when anyone thinks they have the capcity to determine the love, and the value of the love, between those outside their own families.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Which God? My God says your God is wrong, plus mine can beat yours up.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 3,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Are homosexual practices illogical and harmful?

If they are, then why are people forcefully pretending that they aren't?

If they are not illogical and harmful, why not?

Please include your argument without any use of logical fallacies (ad hominem attacks, strawmen etc.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Heterosexual sex can cause plenty of harm, many women develop cervical cancer which has been proven to be caused by the human papiloma virus. This is why it was strongly advised that girls receive the HPV vaccine. It has also been determined that as many as 1 out of 3 women will be raped in her life time. This causes harm to women; it is often the result of the imbalance of testosterone between men and women. Men have more testosterone, thus have higher sex drives. In general, men are stronger than women, thus women are more vulnerable to sexual assault. Unplanned pregnancies cause considerable harm; unmarried women, often living in poverty are harmed. The children brought into the world unplanned, often living in poverty are harmed. Irresponsible men who impregnate women not only harm women, but harm themselves, many are either unable or unwilling to be a good father to a child. Many children brought into this world have heterosexual parents who are on drugs, or are alcoholics, this causes the children harm. Prostitution is an institution far more popular with heterosexual men, than homosexual men, this can cause harm.
Add to that, the massive campaign against college sexual assault against women; straight men hurt women. Also add, the sexual assault against women in the military. Domestic violence against women. Abortion is a heterosexual institution, abortion hurts babies, it hurts women, and sometime the men too. Slipping a mickey in a women's drink to get her to pass out in order to take advantage of her, hurts women.

Quote:
Sexual orientation has nothing to do with morals, it has to do with instinct. Some of the most moral people I know are gay, and some of the most immoral are straight. Further, Paul had nothing to do with God, nor did he know Jesus. Moses is the only person in the bible said to have communicated with God, and he says nothing about homosexuality. Isn't it funny how people like to cherry pick which scripture to follow and which to ignore.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
From where I sit all I see are hypocrites and Christ was pretty clear on what he thought of those of you who like to sit yourselves on the thrown of judgment. Frankly, it's a tell tale sign when anyone thinks they have the capcity to determine the love, and the value of the love, between those outside their own families.
Repeating God's word is not judging. I leave that to God.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1960 View Post
Sexual orientation has nothing to do with morals, it has to do with instinct. Some of the most moral people I know are gay, and some of the most immoral are straight. Further, Paul had nothing to do with God, nor did he know Jesus. Moses is the only person in the bible said to have communicated with God, and he says nothing about homosexuality. Isn't it funny how people like to cherry pick which scripture to follow and which to ignore.
Sexual orientation and behavior has everything to do with morals.

God forbids homosexuality. Nothing more needs to be said. Isn't it funny how people don't like to admit that?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Repeating God's word is not judging. I leave that to God.
Oh c'mon, you're judging. And the assumption that you (general you) grasp the entirety of God's position on any issue so that you can subsequently speak for him, play arbiter for him, and morally direct the masses as if they are sheep you are meant to tend is striking. I'm not sure how so many manage to reconcile this internally while blatantly dismissing any sense of compassion and humility. Anyhow, these issues, in the end, are about the person judging rather than the person being judged. It's always the way.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
It sure isn't based on love.
Quote:
Like I said, nothing to do with love. You make baby Jesus cry.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM

717 posts, read 647,700 times
Quote:
Sexual orientation and behavior has everything to do with morals.

God forbids homosexuality. Nothing more needs to be said. Isn't it funny how people don't like to admit that?
Unfortunately for you, the Bible is simply not that clear on the subject.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:46 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
I have sex with other men, and enjoy doing so. I just love being illogical and harmful - especially if it provokes the reaction seen by the OP. It's good to know that something I do, in the privacy of my own bedroom, gets under someone's skin so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy