Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:32 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Are homosexual practices illogical and harmful?
Was it really necessary to start a new thread?

You already have about twenty threads very similar to this one. Is this some sort of hobby of yours?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:36 PM

654 posts, read 945,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
My impression is that homosexuals are simply not as emotionally intelligent as some straights.
Oh yeah? And my perception is that some people aren't as intelligent as bricks.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:26 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
No.

Why would they be illogical? (he asks, knowing the silly response - 'because it doesn't result in children!')

Well, 99.9% of the time, heterosexual activity doesn't, either. Is it 'illogical' when straights have oral sex, or use birth control? Of course not. Beyond that, homosexuals do have children, because of the glaringly obvious fact that there are ways of having children other than having intercourse with ones partner. It is also no more 'illogical' than heterosexuals who choose not to have children.

As for being harmful, let me again anticipate the usual propaganda - STD rates amongst gays, right? But that only tells part of the story, because of all gender pairings STD transmission rates are lowest in female-female relationships. By that logic, lesbian relationships are less 'harmful' than straight relationships, and we all know that you don't think that, which revals taht you don't really believe what you're insinuating.

It is logical to engage in pair-bonding sexual relations with a member of the gender to which you are natural attracted. What is harmful are unsafe sexual practices, whether or not they are practiced by homosexuals or heterosexuals.

Quote:
If they are, then why are people forcefully pretending that they aren't?
They're not.

Quote:
If they are not illogical and harmful, why not?
See above.

Quote:
Please include your argument without any use of logical fallacies (ad hominem attacks, strawmen etc.).
The irony, coming from a poster who disguises anti-gay animus as a series of philosophical questions.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I suppose this was a choice too? Is this logical? It is what it is. Why can't people just stop being ignorant and accept differences?'Gay' penguin couple given egg of their own - Telegraph
Satan's penguins.

Please hide this from the children.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:51 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Way too much info here and just a wee bit tacky, I think we all know how to imagine things.
Lol, sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Pinkmani - what about those ladies that take it in the mouth? I wouldn't do that but I am happy they do.

Who cares if you approve or not? I don't like pink nails on chicks, so what.
Well, some ladies enjoy it and some don't. Whatever one does in the bedroom is completely up to them.

I was just stating where I stand. Who cares that you don't like pink nails on chicks? I certainly don't...

Old 01-29-2014, 04:21 PM

12,266 posts, read 2,966,052 times
I believe it's a genetic predispostion some people are born with. It doesn't make any sense to mistreat people because of it.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Quote:

Please include your argument without any use of logical fallacies (ad hominem attacks, strawmen etc.).
The argument has been made since the beginning of documented civilization.

See Plato's Aristophanes.

OR if you prefer modern history, there's Eddie Murphy....

CNN - Transsexual prostitute arrested in Eddie Murphy's car - May 2, 1997

My suggestion is to ask all the "straight" guys who sleep with men on the downlow. I know at least 10 married women who have experienced this from their husbands.

They can probably give you your answers.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:14 PM

914 posts, read 943,000 times
Quote:

I could ask you the same thing about heterosexual practices.
Do you know that there are over 300 admonitions in the Bible concerning heterosexual sex...and the number concerning homosexual activities could be counted on one hand?

Why all the hatin' on homosexuals...seriously, are they hurting you?

I have to question why you would even start the thread with the premise you did.

I'm reminded of the homosexual soldier who was kicked out of the Army...and he said, "I got a medal for killing a man, and a dishonorable discharge for loving one."

Old 01-29-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
1. Homosexuality is not ever truly sex but involves fetishes, because sex involves the sexual organs of each, and homosexuality must resort to subsitutes... fetishes. (Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation. ) Anal sex is such a fetish. Some fetishes cause no harm, but unfortunatley anal sex can cause anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture and bacterial infections.
I assume that heterosexual anal sex is every bit as harmful?
And don't tell me it doesn't happen.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Not only do children need both a mother and father to EXIST, children also need both parents to learn by example and how to get along with the opposite sex...
I take it this means you're also against single mothers, single fathers, and all manner of divorce?

Taking this to the extreme logical conclusion, I suppose that, if one parent dies...the child should be removed from the surviving parent...and placed in a "normal" two-parent household. do you volunteer your home and family to take in such children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy