Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I cited exactly what you asked for. The transitional form evidencing the past existence of our most recent common ancestor with other animals alive today.

It seems your MO is to dishonestly ask questions you do not actually want answers to, and when you get those answers, to pretend they do not answer the question. For shame sir, for shame.

And your evidence for this assertion?.
My evidence is God's Word.

The ape remnants you cite as transitional forms are not evidence of a form that evolved into humans. That is totally unproveable speculation at best.

I don't appreciate your frequent accusations of dishonesty on my part. You obviously disagree with what I believe, but I honestly believe what I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 03:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Circular arguments then? Gods word is true because god exists. God exists because gods word says so. Gods word is true because god exists. And so on around and around the circle you go.

Circular argument is fallacy for a reason. So what you are essentially saying is that you believe god exists based on a fallacy.

Nice.

Quote:
The ape remnants you cite as transitional forms are not evidence of a form that evolved into humans. That is totally unproveable speculation at best.
Again this just shows how little you know about the subject.

Firstly PREDICTION is a huge thing in science. We did not just find these fossils and say "Oh look, perhaps this means....". No we looked at the Theory and predicted "If evolution is correct this is WHERE we should find fossils AND what they should look like when we find them".

And the prediction was exactly true.

Further that it is unprovable speculation just evidenced your ignorance of the substantiation. We use many things like genetic markers to evidence this.

We do not simply dig up something that looks kinda right and then go on a campaign of wanton speculation. Everything has to fit. The dates. The location. The genetics. The structure. Many things.

Quote:
I don't appreciate your frequent accusations of dishonesty on my part.
When you stop doing it, I will stop highlighting it. Simples.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:04 AM

You try to refute God's perfect wisdom with man's flawed logic. You Sir are an educated fool.

I fear God, and God hates all liars. I try very hard not to lie, and I have not done so in our discussions.

You cannot demonstrate that any ape bones represent a form that evolved into man, because none of them did or ever could.

I will leave you to your delusions of intellectual superiority.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
You try to refute God's perfect wisdom with man's flawed logic. You Sir are an educated fool.
So you want to reduce this to name calling? I do not operate at that level. Insults demean only the insulter, never the target, ever.

I am not refuting anyones perfect wisdom. I am refuting that the entity you claim is wise even exists in the first place. Your bible is a book. If you want to suggest this book was written and / or inspired by anything other than human beings.... then I am agog to see your substantiation for this fantastical claim.

You base your belief in god on a fallacy. A circular argument. The word proves the god. But the god proves the word. Around and around you go. If you did not get an education on the fallacies when you were a child then I would demand your money back from whatever school you went to. But circular argumentation is a fallacy.

Quote:
You cannot demonstrate that any ape bones represent a form that evolved into man
Except scientifically we have shown exactly that. Through prediction.... check. Through genetic evidence.... check. And through the physical make up of the fossils in question.... check. It all fits the Theory and Theories predictions perfectly. Bully for you.

Quote:
because none of them did or ever could.
That is a positive assertion. Can you substantiate it at all, or are you just throwing out assertions at 2 a minute now in what debate people call "shot gun tactics"?

Quote:
I neither have any, nor believe you are leaving anything. Youll be back.

I do not think myself intellectually superior to anyone. But I do recognize when I know more ABOUT a subject, regardless of intellectual capabilities, than someone else. And I simply know more about this subject than you. Simple as. That is no way makes ME great or wonderful in any way..... but you would do well to learn from your betters in any subject, as I do, than deride what you clearly know little about.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,659 times
Quote:
Quote:

They're not delusions.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:58 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanantoniomike View Post
ok then, scientifically prove evolution as 100% true.

There's you're second proof that you have no idea what science is!

Yet you feel qualified to comment! You are a card.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
There's you're second proof that you have no idea what science is!

Yet you feel qualified to comment! You are a card.
I'm glad your getting amusement out of this. I'm sure God finds it funny too.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:03 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
You are correct, but not as you mean. I am a man just as Adam was a man, but I will transform into an immortal being made of an incorruptible body, not corruptible flesh. In that sense, evolution exists.
You are not making any sense, but I don't think you care. Your position is irrational and highly emotional, and you are more interested in comfort than reality. Since you believe logic is "flawed" (it is not), and Man is "corrupt" (he is not), there really is no point in you posting here. You have imprisoned yourself in a cell built with faulty propositions, and you've thrown away the key (Reason).

Old 07-18-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I'm glad your getting amusement out of this. I'm sure God finds it funny too.
See, told you you would be back. Did not take long either.

Sometimes amusement is the only option open to people. When someone who known nothing about a subject troupes in claiming everyone and everything is wrong, what response other than comic do you expect us to engage with? Violence? Insanity?

Nah I choose patience and amusement, thanks.

Amazing how you can be "sure" what god feel emotionally when you can not even show that such an entity even exists though.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:34 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanantoniomike View Post
I didn't use any verse - only fact and science - yet nobody can answer. Your refute is 'the bible is dumb'. umm ok, I wasn't talking about the bible, so nice change of subject. I asked you to explain which is wrong - A) newton's laws or B) the big bang theory? Simple - A or B. If neither A nor B then explain.
I did explain.. you just chose to ignore my reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy