Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 03:55 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,623,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Let's look at your ad hominem attack on me simply due to the fact that I have pointed out that you don't understand Evolution at all. You clearly have no formal training which is evident by the silly posts you keep making with respect to Evolution.

This is your ad hominem attack on me....
I believe the record clearly shows who drew first blood. My barbs were simply in response to yours.

I read this book from time to time that says we should answer fools according to their foolishness.

Quote:
What is it that you want to know? I don't have much information on my public profile so if there is anything specific that you want to know about me feel free to ask.
What is it you want to hide?

Old 06-28-2015, 04:27 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I believe the record clearly shows who drew first blood. My barbs were simply in response to yours.

I read this book from time to time that says we should answer fools according to their foolishness.
Apparently you did not learn anything from this book since all you have posted is foolishness.

Many have answered a fool according to their foolishness. The fool is too foolish to understand the science.

Quote:
What is it you want to hide?
Anything a sensible human would hide when dealing with people they don't know on an internet forum.

It's not Rocket Science.

How about this...post your full name, SS#, phone #, home and work address, and any other personal information that you think is pertinent and let's see how that works out for you.

If you have anything specific that you want to know about me...simply ask vs. playing foolish games. If I think it is worth your business to know then I will gladly share it with you.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:00 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times
Quote:
It's not me is what you only are wishing for. Your absurd and self created interpretations are all about you and do not represent science or scientific thinking in the least. You are a perfect contributor to US standings compared to the rest of the world in STEM scores.

Worried about religion Now that is funny!
Religion does not worry me only ignorant people trying to water down science to make if fit their theological conditioned beliefs.

You are not trying to understand the Universe or you would be working on understanding the science that you have no clue about but continue to post as if you do.

You don't understand Evolution which is why you are asking this utterly ignorant question.

If you want to understand the randomness of evolution then you need to study up on genetic drift and how it arises from the random sampling of alleles or genotypes from one to the next generation. Then you will need to understand the mathematical statistics of probability.

However I think you should stick with religion since science and math are clearly not your specialty.
lmao @ you wht ever dude. too funny. You are so afraid of religion that you can't do anything but ad hominem when challenged with an opposing view.

you can't answer so you start name calling. You clearly do not understand how or what random means in reference to dna. I don't think you have a degree in anything but basic biology because you are butchering the notions so badly.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao @ you wht ever dude. too funny. You are so afraid of religion that you can't do anything but ad hominem when challenged with an opposing view.

you can't answer so you start name calling. You clearly do not understand how or what random means in reference to dna. I don't think you have a degree in anything but basic biology because you are butchering the notions so badly.
And people wonder how America became so dumbed down.

What do you assume frightens me about religion?

Randomness: We have been over this already. The "random chance" criticism is actually a straw man, since evolution does not rely only on random chance.

Your issue is that you don't understand Evolution which is why you completely ignore the role of Natural Selection. Chance, in the form of mutations, provides genetic variation, which is the raw material that natural selection has to work with. From there, selection acts on that variation in a very non-random way: genetic variants that aid survival and reproduction are much more likely to become common than variants that don't. Natural selection is NOT random! However mutations are random and this is how genetic variation occurs in a population.

Genetic variation in a population is caused by multiple factors.

Mating patterns
Random forces lead to genetic drift
Distribution
Migration

You have no choice but to be stuck with religion since this is your aptitude level.

Let's hear your self created interpretation of genetic randomness?

Last edited by Matadora; 06-28-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 05:44 PM

lmao, nice cut and paste. they are predictable errors that are going to happen. they just can't pin point exactly when. They all proved not so random ... good show.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
lmao, nice cut and paste.

They all proved not so random ... good show.
Roll some dice and see how many times they land on 1.

Is that easy enough for you?

Like they say you can't fix stupid.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
lmao, nice cut and paste. they are predictable errors that are going to happen. they just can't pin point exactly when. They all proved not so random ... good show.
I see you had to change what you originally posted.
Quote:
They all proved not so random ... good show.
You can't even follow your own logic.

Give it up you are just grasping at straws.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:56 PM

just to seal the deal. and ends this nonsense. You have no idea what this means do ya?

Allele frequency, or gene frequency, is the proportion of a particular allele (variant of a gene) among all allele copies being considered. It can be formally defined as the percentage of all alleles at a given locus in a population gene pool represented by a particular allele.[1][2]

In other words, it is the number of copies of a particular allele divided by the number of copies of all alleles at the genetic place (locus) in a population. It is usually expressed as a percentage. In population genetics, allele frequencies are used to depict the amount of genetic diversity at the individual, population, and species level. It is also the relative proportion of all alleles of a gene that are of a designated type.

Given the following:

a particular locus on a chromosome and the gene occupying that locus
a population of N individuals carrying n loci in each of their somatic cells (e.g. two loci in the cells of diploid species, which contain two sets of chromosomes)
different alleles of the gene exist
one allele exists in a copies
then the allele frequency is the fraction or percentage of all the occurrences of that locus that is occupied by a given allele and the frequency of one of the alleles is a/(n*N).

Old 06-28-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
just to seal the deal. and ends this nonsense. You have no idea what this means do ya?

Allele frequency, or gene frequency, is the proportion of a particular allele (variant of a gene) among all allele copies being considered. It can be formally defined as the percentage of all alleles at a given locus in a population gene pool represented by a particular allele.[1][2]

In other words, it is the number of copies of a particular allele divided by the number of copies of all alleles at the genetic place (locus) in a population. It is usually expressed as a percentage. In population genetics, allele frequencies are used to depict the amount of genetic diversity at the individual, population, and species level. It is also the relative proportion of all alleles of a gene that are of a designated type.

Given the following:

a particular locus on a chromosome and the gene occupying that locus
a population of N individuals carrying n loci in each of their somatic cells (e.g. two loci in the cells of diploid species, which contain two sets of chromosomes)
different alleles of the gene exist
one allele exists in a copies
then the allele frequency is the fraction or percentage of all the occurrences of that locus that is occupied by a given allele and the frequency of one of the alleles is a/(n*N).
Nice cut and paste you copied and posted from Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allele_frequency

Yepper I know exactly what Allele Frequency or gene frequency is.

Allele frequency =

Number of copies of a given allele
Sum of copies of all alleles in the population

Let's see your calculation for Allele Frequencies with Multiple Alleles?

And lets see you calculation for Allele Frequencies at an X-Linked Locus?

Come on now I know you can do it!

Let's hear your brilliant explanation and uses for the Hardy-Weinberg Law.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:19 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,085 times
Quote:
Secondary causation and that apparently Newton subscribed to the notion of first cause, creation, intelligent design and the existence of God.

Is that "precise" enough for you?
Newton did believe in the existence of God. But what he actually believed theologically might astound you. It was radical enough for his times that he kept his mouth shut, otherwise it would have destroyed him.

The concept of intelligent design did not exist in his time. Given his insistence on rigorous proof in his science though, I doubt seriously that he'd ever have gone along with the joke of what intelligent design is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.