Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 09:43 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,625,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Chemicals react and bond according to the laws of nature. They need no direct outside influence to do this.

If you would like to imagine that those laws were instead made by a creator, no one cares. But a creator is not necessary. Unless, you think every time some one drops a pen it was god pushing it down to the earths surface. Do you think the pencil falling requires Gods direct intervention?
Fantastic. Now we are getting some where. Finally someone who understands the question. Now, just one more question. What are these Laws of Nature? I mean precisely can you enumerate them for me? Thanks.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,248,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I believe it was the dear scientist who is quoted as saying it is Nature's way of creating. So for the third time I'm asking, exactly what is doing the Creating? Got it!?
And you think that this represents how all scientists explain things?

If you really want to know what the scientists are saying I suggest you find peer reviewed reputable research articles or reviews. Not the Wall Street Journal.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
And you think that this represents how all scientists explain things?
Apparently yes. ROFL. 😄

Old 09-19-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Apparently yes. ROFL. ��
But of course since you are a layman who gets their scientific knowledge from the Wall Sweet Journal.

It still cracks me up that your new discovery of "jumping genes" are a new phenomenon.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
But of course since you are a layman who gets their scientific knowledge from the Wall Sweet Journal.

It still cracks me up that your new discovery of "jumping genes" are a new phenomenon.
I suggest you write a warm letter to the scientist and set him straight. I'm sure he'll appreciate hearing from you. 😄

Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I suggest you write a warm letter to the scientist and set him straight. I'm sure he'll appreciate hearing from you. ��
It's clearly not the scientist that needs to be set straight.

There are plenty of Creationist threads in the Religious forum where you can go and interact with just as many confused layman misinterpreting science.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
It's clearly not the scientist that needs to be set straight.

There are plenty of Creationist threads in the Religious forum where you can go and interact with just as many confused layman misinterpreting science.
“You realize that nature is creating genetically modified organisms all the time,” said Salvador Herrero, a geneticist at the University of Valencia, Spain, and co-author of the study. “It’s not so weird to transfer genes from one organism to another.”

Salvador can speak for me from here on in. Love Salvador

Hmmmm. Genes being modified all the time. Interesting.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:33 PM

A concise definition of Evolution from the scientific community:

Defining Evolution | NCSE

We can use this as a working definition - if you can find it someplace

Enjoy!

Old 09-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
“You realize that nature is creating genetically modified organisms all the time,” said Salvador Herrero, a geneticist at the University of Valencia, Spain, and co-author of the study. “It’s not so weird to transfer genes from one organism to another.”

Salvador can speak for me from here on in. Love Salvador

Hmmmm. Genes being modified all the time. Interesting.
Do you realize that English is his second language? You are misinterpreting what he means by stating this.

What he means is that genetically modified organisms are created all the time in nature. This also is old news. He is correct in stating that it's not so weird to transfer genes from one organism to another. It's been going since life first evolved. This again is old news.

Now back to those (TEs)!

The mobility of TEs can induce the appearance of deleterious mutations, gene disruption and chromosome rearrangements, but transposition activity also has positive aspects and the mutational activities of TEs contribute to the genetic diversity of organisms.

Transposable elements (TEs) are present in roughly all genomes. These mobile DNA sequences are able to invade genomes and their impact on genome evolution is substantial.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
A concise definition of Evolution from the scientific community:

Defining Evolution | NCSE

We can use this as a working definition - if you can find it someplace

Enjoy!
Yes its a great site and the NCSE and a team of consulting scientists have prepared this detailed chapter-by-chapter, page-by-page analysis of the book: Explore Evolution, errors, failings, and distortions.

Critique: Exploring "Explore Evolution" | NCSE

Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.