Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 06:43 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,628,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You are ignorant to science so it is of no surprise that you think what you just posted.

This is no validity to what you are saying about science.

I suggest again that you listen to Laurence Krauss in the video above. You will find what he says about science does not match what you continue to post.

Life on Earth is evolving just has it always has. There is nothing magical about it.
Yep. It is just Creative Intelligence evolving. Always has been. Always will be. The wonderful fables dreamed up by scientists are just one example. The Bible another. Creative Intelligence, or the Dao, or the Elan Vital (as Bergson world call it) is truly Creative.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:49 PM

282 posts, read 219,255 times
Quote:
Tragic What's tragic about scientific discovery?

The only thing I find tragic was that in 1869 DNA was discovered but they did not understand it or know what it was therefore it was ignored for another 50-60 years.
Pffft for you DNA is proof of evolution. But for me DNA is proof that we were ALL CREATED from one source, one God, One Creator, one Savior.

I mean wow thanks DNA for proving my belief.

I agree with rich your evolution is all fable, talk about real sci-fi. as in science FICTION. I honestly feel like I wasted my 2nd year in high school memorizing all those stupid and ridic scientific names of EVERYTHING for what? And not only do they look and sound ridic, they are ALL loooong ass names. What honestly is the point of that? Why the need to name it THAT stupid for real?

I know why, they made it sound and look hard so people with small brains will say oh wow I KNOW all my scientific names by heart!

Pfft ok thanks for being proud that you wasted your life and parts of your brain memorizing a worthless piece of info known to man.

I want my HS biology tuition fee back!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:56 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Pffft for you DNA is proof of evolution. But for me DNA is proof that we were ALL CREATED from one source, one God, One Creator, one Savior.

I agree with rich your evolution is all fable, talk about real sci-fi. as in science FICTION. I honestly feel like I wasted my 2nd year in high school memorizing all those stupid and ridic scientific names of EVERYTHING for what? And not only do they look and sound ridic, they are ALL loooong ass names. What honestly is the point of that? Why the need to name it THAT stupid for real?

I know why, they made it sound and look hard so people with small brains will say oh wow I KNOW all my scientific names by heart!

Pfft ok thanks for being proud that you wasted your life and parts of your brain memorizing a worthless piece of info known to man.
PffftTake this garbage to the religious forum and dump it.

You are a contributor to why the US is becoming a dumber and dumber nation.

Memorize? LOL you are very clueless about science. It's apparent that is how you had to get through your high school science classes...as it's clear that you did not learn a thing. Some just don't have the aptitude.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:

I want my HS biology tuition fee back!
Latin names are suppose to sound brainy and worthy of billions of bucks in funding. For me they could have just as well called all of these small, itty, bitty things wiggly worms. It would be more fun.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Yep. It is just Creative Intelligence evolving. Always has been. Always will be. The wonderful fables dreamed up by scientists are just one example. The Bible another. Creative Intelligence, or the Dao, or the Elan Vital (as Bergson world call it) is truly Creative.
What is funny is you can't even describe or define what you believe.

Creative Intelligence is really a pseudo-emotional intelligence. He calls it creative intelligence.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Memorize? LOL you are very clueless about science.
No your 'belief' is garbage. Yes, MEMORIZE!!! I have to memorize it for my quizzes and exams! Didn't you say you studied biology? Pray tell me what's the point of those STUPID scientific names in the grand scheme of things? I vividly remember my Biology teacher said they have to use scientific names to distinguish it from the other. Like the common names isn't enough?!

WHAT?!! I will tell you.... to intimidate people.

I remember when Harry potter was the sh-it. They conveniently 'found' dino fossil and they named it, of course, the stupid scientfic name based on draco malfoy.

Something like dragoluzius malfocius or something STUPID like that.... LOL and I was laughing sooooooooo hard coz it proves to me these 'fossil hunters' are the biggest joke of all.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Memorize? LOL you are very clueless about science.
Because she thinks using long Latin names and then having to memorize them is a waste of time?? This type of nonsense really is a waste of time except for those who enjoy spending their time on this kind of stuff - I guess so they can show off what they memorized.

For me, more time should be spent on the arts, sports, and other fun things so people are given the knowledge of how to enjoy life.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Latin names are suppose to sound brainy and worthy of billions of bucks in funding. For me they could have just as well called all of these small, itty, bitty things wiggly worms. It would be more fun.
LOLOLOLOL. You got it bud. It's sad we are the only ones here that can see through to their science gods....

Old 10-07-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No your 'belief' is garbage. Yes, MEMORIZE!!! I have to memorize it for my quizzes and exams! Didn't you say you studied biology? Pray tell me what's the point of those STUPID scientific names?

I remember when Harry potter was the sh-it. They 'found' dino fossil and they named it, of course, the stupid scientfic name based on draco malfoy.

Something like dragoluzius malfocius or something STUPID like that.... LOL and I was laughing sooooooooo hard coz it proves to me these 'fossil hunters' are the biggest joke of all.
They are a funny - albeit sort highly creative - bunch of fellows. Not only do they get paid for digging and finding stuff (most of us have to do it for free), but they have convinced people that it is super important! Major creativity at work! But dinosaurs are fun and I enjoyed looking at some made up skeletons of what they may have looked like when I was very young. ☺

Old 10-07-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
No your 'belief' is garbage. Yes, MEMORIZE!!! I have to memorize it for my quizzes and exams! Didn't you say you studied biology? Pray tell me what's the point of those STUPID scientific names?

I remember when Harry potter was the sh-it. They 'found' dino fossil and they named it, of course, the stupid scientfic name based on draco malfoy.

You have a zero argument.

It's clear that you did not bode well in school especially as we can see by your lack of science knowledge and very poor writing skills.

No wonder the US is so far behind less wealthy countries when it comes to intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy