Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 02:30 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,790,592 times

Advertisements

Smoke em if you got em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 02:35 AM

897 posts, read 1,176,430 times
Women cheat just as much, if not more, than men and fantasize about it just as much. They just tend not to get caught, and they tend to cheat in other ways (emotionally), or by doing everything except physical things. So in that way, a lot of people don't realize women are already like men in that sense.

As for the feminism bit, this has been talked to death about, but I disagree with a majority of women who want to be seen as equals. Not because they're wrong, but because they then want "personal days" for their periods or to get days, weeks and months off after they have children. Men don't have these rights. So if you want to be just like men, you gotta give up those rights. They want their cake and to eat it too. I don't agree with thinking like that. If you want things to be equal, they need to be COMPLETELY equal.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:57 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,891,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok so dont get me wrong i am not saying women should not have rights! but here is what i want to understand, there are women in the world who say they want to be like men. some say they want to be able to sleep around and cheat on their mates\husbands if they want to, but why would they want that? why are people running to do be like this instead of trying to get married and have a family. in my view, it seems like "some" women want to have some kind of control to run wild and be like any typical women around. some of them complain about what men do, but some of them are the same way... not wanting to be faithful and honoring love and marriage

what is so wrong with just being married and wanted a good husband and all that, it seems like some women are leaving that mentality behind and why is that?
Who are these "some" women of which you speak? And besides, so what if they don't want to get married and have kids? There are many paths for women in life, just as there is for men. It is up to each person to find his/her own happiness, however that may be.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,797,525 times
I agree with your question but not with your post. I've seen for example complaints about Nick Jonas' song Jealous on a feminist blog meanwhile there's a vast amount of songs about women being possessive and I bet they're not picking on those.

Straight men do have their flaws that are probably equally bad but they are a different kind of flaw if that makes any sense. Typically a lot of women are like this. I know not every woman is like that because I'm saying this as a woman but there are so many that make me ashamed to be my gender. I've also seen the opposite though with girls. They'll pick on undeserving girls/women but in their eyes the man is "perfect" You usually only see this with Hollywood I guess but I wouldn't doubt it would happen with regular people too because since you mentioned cheating from what I've read/heard the women excuse the man staying with him and blame the woman instead. I don't tend to believe things I've read but I've seen women who like to go from this one extreme to the other all too often with people I'll encounter.

I don't know why you added about being married also. That's not important. I think both women and men should be able to have sex as they wish especially when you can care about more than one person and love them. Some people only have passion for one person and that's fine but some people can be happy with more. They just need to be upfront about how the relationship is going to be.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:10 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,417,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
ok so dont get me wrong i am not saying women should not have rights! but here is what i want to understand, there are women in the world who say they want to be like men. some say they want to be able to sleep around and cheat on their mates\husbands if they want to, but why would they want that? why are people running to do be like this instead of trying to get married and have a family. in my view, it seems like "some" women want to have some kind of control to run wild and be like any typical women around. some of them complain about what men do, but some of them are the same way... not wanting to be faithful and honoring love and marriage

what is so wrong with just being married and wanted a good husband and all that, it seems like some women are leaving that mentality behind and why is that?
Lord, I hope that your problem is that you are only a young kid...a young male kid! You answer your question by asking the question. WHAT woman, in her right mind, would want to settle down with a man who cannot express himself well and types in all small letters? That's just for starters!
You seriously want us to get married, and be faithful and honor, love & marriage & have kids (including raising them pretty much alone)??
Our Mothers and Grandmothers HAD to do that, for the most part! Mine had 3 of us in 3 yrs (now there was no good birth control back then) and my sister came along 10 yrs later. My dad, a cabinetmaker, made a good living but had to work 2 or 3 jobs to keep us all fed and clothed and MD/DDS'd. So Mom, home alone with 3 toddlers 24/7 getting into everything toddlers and young kids do, beat us and when she wasn't doing that she was mentally abusive to us! We got locked out of the house all day to 'play' in the neighborhood... with other kids whose mom's did the exact same thing because they were overwhelmed with small kids and a husband working all the time.
WHO in 2015 wants to DO that? NO FEMALES I KNOW! IF I had a daughter, I certainly would not encourage her to make that her only goal in life! I'm soon to be 62 and back in school for the 4th career of my life! I waited til I was almost 40 to have my 1st child because I was someone elses 'mom' since age 2 and I didn't want to beat any child like I got beaten.
Women today don't want to settle down til they are in their 30s and I certainly think their children, if and when they have them benefit from that 100%! A happy Mom has happy kids for the most part...or at least they are not beaten because she is unhappy. I hope this gives you something to think about and if you are not currently in college, get there and be something that you like and have passion for. Don't even consider looking for a woman who will settle down and not want to 'do man things'. Times have changed, and probably for the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy