Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
1. People who spend their time stopping and talk and block the middle of the damn aisle. Just move and shop people.

2. People who say "Excuse Me" while I am looking at products. These morons don't have any patience and expect me to waste my time and move while I am shopping. If they want, they can go around me.

3. People who shop on the weekends when they have all week to shop (looking at you old people). They could go all 5 days of the week, but they go when me and other morons who need to shop when they could go during the week.
Sigh. I have no words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 12:14 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,100,245 times
My "annoyances when shopping"?

Merchandise made in China.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:32 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,602 times
I can understand getting annoyed at people who do block the aisle just to talk. That is annoying.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
1. People who spend their time stopping and talk and block the middle of the damn aisle. Just move and shop people.

2. People who say "Excuse Me" while I am looking at products. These morons don't have any patience and expect me to waste my time and move while I am shopping. If they want, they can go around me.

3. People who shop on the weekends when they have all week to shop (looking at you old people). They could go all 5 days of the week, but they go when me and other morons who need to shop when they could go during the week.
You have a anger problem seems like. Much to do about nothing really.proably some are nagry at what you do when shopping.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:18 PM

477 posts, read 509,337 times
Quote:

#2 annoys me as well - when I ask someone politely to let me reach something and they shoot me a dirty look and keep standing there. Thankfully most people are polite about it, and it is only the cranky selfish few who cause a problem.

#3 - of course "old people" have nothing to do through the week, such as work as greeters at WalMart, schlep the grandkids around and babysit them because the parents want free babysitting, attend doctor's appointments and activities at the Senior Center intended to keep them active and engaged, work at misc non-WalMart related jobs, or have to wait until the weekend so a non-old relative or neighbor can give them a lift to run their errands.

EG we old people have lives during the week, too. Get over it.

LOL!

Old 04-06-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
just popped into a supermarket for some "munchies" on the way back from an open air market, there are people in there doing a weeks shopping, trolley piled high with stuff, ITS A BANK HOLIDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
So obviously people have a day off to run errands. Look for a vending machine if you're in such a flaming hurry, LOL!

Old 04-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
(Entire out of proportion rant about people buying too many things or taking "too long" to pay deleted)
Yet another candidate for online shopping.

Got news for you - Family Dollar et al would rather have the guy buying 70 items than you, buying one or two.

Learn to be more patient and less judgmental, it'll lower your blood pressure and improve your lifespan.

LOL!

Old 04-06-2015, 03:57 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
Walmart is the worst. I don't have as much problem in the grocery store. There are usually one or two people that stand out as super annoying (blocking passage in the aisle or seeming to deliberately try to get in everyone's way). Once I identify him/her/them, I change my route through the store to avoid them. There's no help for Walmart, though. It packed with people who are in no hurry, or have their head in their phone oblivious that others are trying to shop. The layout of the store doesn't help either. There is no room to maneuver because it's so packed with stuff. I only go when I have to, and it always feels like running the gauntlet. I hit the parking lot with a feeling of relief... "I survived!!"
It's because they have nowhere to go until next month's welfare check arrives.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:50 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know, I don't know if it's my job or being over stimulated or what, but I don't really like to be around people. So you know what I do? I don't put myself in situations where there are a lot of people when I can help it. I think that the OP would be wise to follow this philosophy.
This pretty much sums up my personal philosophy on shopping or any public venue for that matter. I also agree that I don't put myself in circumstances where I know there will be significant vehicle or people traffic. My take on it is this, if everyone is going south you will find me going north.

This is my personal preference so I make it my problem and my business to shop, run errands, keep appointments at the earliest times possible. It certainly cuts out a lot of frustration and it seems when I am finishing my business for the day everyone else is just getting started; 99% of the time this works out very well for me.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
As much as it irks you, other people DO populate this planet. If you don't learn to slow down and relax it will only get worse for you as time goes on.

I get customers like you all day long. I am helping someone else and they stand there anxiously tapping their fingers on the counter, as if that is going to speed up the process. I have news for them, I am going to give the person who got out of bed and arrived at our store earlier than you excellent service, regardless of how long it takes, or how much it pisses off the next guy in line. I have done this long enough that your finger drumming and clearing your throat do not phase me at all...........in fact, it probably slows the process down a little.

As for old people needing to do their shopping in hours that are convenient to YOU, news flash..........other people are not here to set their clock around your very important timetable. Yes, we know you are super important (at least in your own little world) but we really don't give a damn about your schedule.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy